Golf....irons??

WDW Obsessed

Mouseketeer
SO just wondering if anyone here plays? I have had a set of clubs since HS and want to finally upgrade soon. I am looking for suggestions on a new set. Here are my parameters:

Price Range to Spend: $300-$600
Style: Prefer Cavity
Hand: Right

About me:
Play about 5-10 times a year
High handcap
Swing speed (estimated) ~80-90mph
Tendency to slice when swing to hard(I know it can be fixed)
Best clubs I swing- Taylor Made R11 and my 3-iron
Biggest problem is using a fairway driver and longer chips(over 50yds)

Clubs I have entertained in buying:
1) TM- Burner Plus ($300-steel *sale)
2) TM- RocketBallz HP($600)
3) Cobra- AMP ($600)

Let me know what you think/suggest.

SO just wondering if anyone here plays? I have had a set of clubs since HS and want to finally upgrade soon. I am looking for suggestions on a new set. Here are my parameters:

Price Range to Spend: $300-$600
Style: Prefer Cavity
Hand: Right

About me:
Play about 5-10 times a year
High handcap
Swing speed (estimated) ~80-90mph
Tendency to slice when swing to hard(I know it can be fixed)
Best clubs I swing- Taylor Made R11 and my 3-iron
Biggest problem is using a fairway driver and longer chips(over 50yds)

Clubs I have entertained in buying:
1) TM- Burner Plus ($300-steel *sale)
2) TM- RocketBallz HP($600)
3) Cobra- AMP ($600)

Let me know what you think/suggest.

I own the TM - Burner Plus irons. I bought them last season. I hit them a ton. They probably added 10-15 yards to each club for me. I did also find out that they are less loft than my older set which probably made the difference in the yardage for me.

I wouldn't be scared of them.

I own the TM - Burner Plus irons. I bought them last season. I hit them a ton. They probably added 10-15 yards to each club for me. I did also find out that they are less loft than my older set which probably made the difference in the yardage for me.

I wouldn't be scared of them.

I heard some where they label the irons long, so if you are hitting a 7-iron it's technically a 6-iron for other manufactures. I'm more than likely going with the Burners.....can't beat price/performance. ;)

I have used these for two years now and found them to be very forgiving. And it looks like Nike is clearing them out this spring (at least in Canada, reg. 700 on for 300) and the savings can go towards some nice wedges or hybrids.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter