Gold balm or chafing stick at Disney?

My sons tried to find some on our last trip. The best they could land was gold bond powder from the hotel gift shop. It worked though! You could try looking up pharmacy delivery services. We used that once for Nasacort. It was delivered to the hotel front desk. I don’t have the contact to share anymore though. Sorry.

My sons tried to find some on our last trip. The best they could land was gold bond powder from the hotel gift shop. It worked though! You could try looking up pharmacy delivery services. We used that once for Nasacort. It was delivered to the hotel front desk. I don’t have the contact to share anymore though. Sorry.

I have underestimated the heat

Just got back a couple of weeks ago and needed some too. They didn’t seem to have it anywhere BUT at least at the Poly Moana Mercantlie had diaper rash cream and that worked out okay in the pinch. It wasn’t even that expensive either.

I always purchase body glide for each family member before going to WDW. I have trouble with blisters on feet if I don't use it before I leave for the parks and buy for the guys going for chafing.

You can always use regular deodorant too. I’ve used that in a pinch before. You just have to reapply more often than the actual chafing sticks.
I have used a roll-on anti-perspirant/deodorant successfully, just make sure you cover all the pertinent areas well and let dry before you head off.

On these boards a long time ago I learned of mole skin and we always carry a precut sheet in WDW now. It’s like duct tape but for anything involving skin. Blister, cut, rash, wardrobe malfunction, finger dangling off? Tape it up with mole skin until you can find something better.

I've purchased Gold Bond powder in the hotel gift shops in the toiletries section. When in a pinch you can also try applying deodorant to chaffing areas.

Our preferred (and we have tried them all) is Monistat's anti-chafe gel-powder. We wouldn't dare go on vacation without it.

You are right on with the Monistat. Works like a champ. Goes on easy and washes off your hands.
Combine this with polyester underwear and never a problem. Stay chafe free and dry all day.

On these boards a long time ago I learned of mole skin and we always carry a precut sheet in WDW now. It’s like duct tape but for anything involving skin. Blister, cut, rash, wardrobe malfunction, finger dangling off? Tape it up with mole skin until you can find something better.
“finger dangling off” 😂 I almost spit out my tea!

Bought a bottle of Gold Bond in a spray can a few years ago. It never leaves my DW toiletry kit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter