• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

God Bless America and The National Anthem on Nascar

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Since September 11, 2001 everytime I hear the National Anthem and God Bless America, I get really teary eyed.

They just sang God Bless America at the Nascar race. Now when they come back from commercial, they'll sing the National Anthem and have a fly over. Nascar is truely one wonderfully, patriotic sport. I'm proud to be a fan!

It was wonderful to see the sport and fans supporting our Country and our Troops!
Nascar is all American. :D

I thought the same thing...NASCAR really is the ALL AMERICAN sport.....I thought it particularly touching that any driver who was interviewed because he was out of the race made sure to mention the troops, and support of our president and the war!!!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I thought I was alone feeling this while watching NASCAR. Thank you for confirming...I am not alone!!:D

I especially loved the chants of USA, USA after God Bless America. NASCAR is the All American Sport, and Bristol is one of the best venues. When they chant there you hear it!

The NASCAR prerace activities always gives me goosebumps! I've been lurking on the community board for a while, but never posted, now I feel comfortable because not only do you all share my love of Disney, now I find out you like NASCAR, as well. WOO-HOO!

I really enjoyed the rendition of the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America today. She did an excellant job!! The chanting of USA was a goosebump moment. Wonderful to see all the support! Nascar is one of the greatest American sports. A group of class act guys!

:D

it sure is. ok anybody wanna tell me who won? i know it wasn't my driver my dh told me that much.

Who sang at today's race??
I always watch the pre-race but I was in the other room with the baby and missed it.:(

I'm glad 'my guy' finished in the top 10!!!
I LOVE Sterling Marlin!!!!
Don't tell my DH that!!;)

Gotta love a man drivin' a Mopar!!!
Gindex_08.jpg

I love the Star Spangled Banner, but you can have NASCAR. Give me basketball, some football, and a dash of baseball, and a few rounds of golf.

This is a little off topc, but I just wanted to let all the #8 fans know that Jr. is going to be on this weeks episode of Fastlane. So, check your local listings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter