GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

Although it is more fun when sharing the time with the nice people on this thread. I picked October because DS has a 4 day weekend and his birthday is that week. I hope that I will at least have half a week with others from the thread.
Ang
Counting on that meal @Sci Fi with you and family! :goodvibes

I do not particularly care for the Sci Fi but the entertainment value of sitting in the backseat and listening to you guys carry on about the hokey movies would be worth the effort. :rotfl:

I want to sit in the backseat as it is bound to be much more comfortable than the trunk, where is where I usually was when entering the drive in back in the day. :lmao:

How in the world could have drive ins become extinct? Low overhead, cheap entertainment and families could go to the movies and bring their own food, if so inclined. :confused3 Of course, there were OTHER reasons to go to the drive ins, so I have heard.:love:

SG

I do not particularly care for the Sci Fi but the entertainment value of sitting in the backseat and listening to you guys carry on about the hokey movies would be worth the effort. :rotfl:
I want to sit in the backseat as it is bound to be much more comfortable than the trunk, where is where I usually was when entering the drive in back in the day. :lmao:
How in the world could have drive ins become extinct? Low overhead, cheap entertainment and families could go to the movies and bring their own food, if so inclined. :confused3 Of course, there were OTHER reasons to go to the drive ins, so I have heard.:love:
SG
DS specifically asked that we eat there in October and angwill's DS recommends it! :thumbsup2
LOVED going to the drive-in as a kid (in my PJs :cutie: ) wish I could find one still open to take my DS to! :cloud9:

I would trust Will's taste in things. :love: He introduced me to the best tuna sandwich I have ever had and I have had quite a few!

I am guessing that videos have done away with drive ins completely. You can still watch in your pj's, even the adults, and have much better food. Hooray for videos and microwaves!

SG

Kristin,
Yep I already have Sci Fi with your family on the planner and can't wait. .

SG,
I would love it if you join us and I don't think Kristin would mine. Would you Kristin? We should do a Sci Fi meet. lol Only problem is that nobody is facing the others so the person in front is going to have a strained neck unless they end up putting us at a table.

I really think Will likes the cars and movies more than anything but he does enjoy the shakes and ribs. He is too funny there because every year they offer the shake as a drink on the dining plan so he always orders one and then talks about the dessert he wants too but by the time they ask him he is always too full. lol He loves Prime time because he can watch the old TV shows too. He never gets sick of seeing the same thing over and over every time we visit either.

Angela

Kristin,
Yep I already have Sci Fi with your family on the planner and can't wait. .
:cheer2:

I would love it if you join us and I don't think Kristin would mine. Would you Kristin? We should do a Sci Fi meet. lol
Of course not! She's my adopted DM!!! The more the merrier! :cutie:
I really think Will likes the cars and movies more than anything but he does enjoy the shakes and ribs. He is too funny there because every year they offer the shake as a drink on the dining plan so he always orders one and then talks about the dessert he wants too but by the time they ask him he is always too full. lol He loves Prime time because he can watch the old TV shows too. He never gets sick of seeing the same thing over and over every time we visit either.
Old cars, ribs, milkshakes my boys (DS & DH) will be in heaven! :cloud9:
Now if they could only put football on the big screens...I might never get them out of there! :laughing:

Garwsh! I am plumb tickled as well as flattered but unfortunately the doctor's have my body as well as checkbook for the rest of the year. It is worth it if they can fix me up so that I can join you all next year AND be able to enjoy it!

SG

Garwsh! I am plumb tickled as well as flattered but unfortunately the doctor's have my body as well as checkbook for the rest of the year. It is worth it if they can fix me up so that I can join you all next year AND be able to enjoy it!
SG
You've got exactly one year from today (check out my ticker!) to get your act together...:hourglass

I am not likely to EVER get my act together so getting it ambulatory is enough to hope for. :banana:

Hey, is that Sci Fi dinner for next October? If so, I may aim for that. I like to get my money's worth if I have to invest in a new AP. I am betting the prices will not increase and possibly decrease, if they want us to come next year. :cool1:

SG

I have put October 2009 on my list of things to do next year. IF I only have to have the electric shock (no, NOT a lobotomy folks!):lmao: treatment I might be fit as a fiddle in no time at all. Keep your fingers and eyes crossed please?

SG

I have put October 2009 on my list of things to do next year. IF I only have to have the electric shock (no, NOT a lobotomy folks!):lmao: treatment I might be fit as a fiddle in no time at all. Keep your fingers and eyes crossed please?

SG

and 3 months before Oct. I will just have to check that list.... since ....... I dont have a list.. and if I make one.. I know I will either loose it or forget about it... But..... I know I will never forget YOU :hug:

and 3 months before Oct. I will just have to check that list.... since ....... I dont have a list.. and if I make one.. I know I will either loose it or forget about it... But..... I know I will never forget YOU :hug:

He's making a list, he's checking it twice...
Only 82 more days until Christmas :santa:

Diva K, please let me deal with Halloween first!!!:lmao: I usually do all sorts of things for that holiday but this year I went to McD and bought some of their coupon books so I will be giving out free ice cream cones, hamburgers, drinks, apple slices etc. No fuss, no muss. Still have to make the homemade cookies for all the grownups though. They look forward to them, as do I. It is the only time I see some of MY kids all year long.

Ants, I used to be very flattered when someone said I was unforgettable until I go to thinking, very dangerous thing. :scared1: People do not forget warts, bubonic plague, divorce, floods, or any other natural or unnatural disasters either. :laughing:

SG

A shout out to the loquacious Tanya! Maybe next trip we can plan some time to sit and actually talk. It was lovely to see you again. Did your dd ever go into the water with her monkey?

Let me see if I fixed my tags etc. I hope I done right. Am sure you all will set me straight if not. :rotfl:

SG

Diva K, please let me deal with Halloween first!!!:lmao:
SG
I agree...I don't like to see Christmas until after Thanksgiving.
Its hard for me to get in the spirit for either holiday here in Texas because its so hot....I used to decorate a lot in Pennsylvannia (mums, pumpkins, gourds, scarecrows, etc) but not here...if you get your pumpkin too soon it'll rot before its even Halloween because its so hot!
We have always chopped down a live tree for Christmas (since I was a babe with my parents) and it was a cherished tradition that I was determined to carry on with my child even after we moved to TX.) We would bundle up, drinking hot coco out of a thermos, etc...but here we wore shorts, t-shirts and the trees were sprayed green (I kid you not!) because its so hot they turn brown! We tried to celebrate Christmas two years down here but last year we went to Disney and this year we are going home to PA (hoping for snow!)
:santa:

feeling better now, thought I'd never get over that stupid cold/infection I came home with. Do I get a do-over for being sick on vacation?

Yes,Pooch, you do get a do over for being sick at DW, only catch is that you have to pay for it. :cool1: I was once sick for three whole days and could not get out of bed. Tom was sick at the same time. Luckily that was one of our very lengthy trips otherwise it would have been heartbreaking.

Diva K, somehow it does not bother me one bit to be at DW during Christmas. Seeing folks walk around in shorts, flowers blooming like mad, and the warm weather works well with the snow on Main Street, Holiday decorations and Santa Claus. I have always been a traditionalist when it comes to the holidays and been the one to do all the trimmings for each holiday but if I could I would be at WDW this holiday. Bet I could find some kids to buy toys for that would say "Thank you" too!:love:

Almost have two other gardens cleaned for the winter. I am using my cordless hedge trimmer. Makes it easier, as long as I do not cut the electric cords for the lawn lighting. Heart rate of over 230 while doing such. Lucky thing I am a wimp and stop before I fall and give myself a close haircut.

SG

Diva K, somehow it does not bother me one bit to be at DW during Christmas. Seeing folks walk around in shorts, flowers blooming like mad, and the warm weather works well with the snow on Main Street, Holiday decorations and Santa Claus. I have always been a traditionalist when it comes to the holidays and been the one to do all the trimmings for each holiday but if I could I would be at WDW this holiday. Bet I could find some kids to buy toys for that would say "Thank you" too!:love:
SG
Don't get me wrong...we had a wonderful Christmas @Disney last year! My DSIL said it was the best Christmas ever! :santa:
And my family was thrilled when they came to Texas for Christmas and we were able to eat Christmas dinner outside on our deck! :dance3:
I just miss the change of seasons, leaves changing color, waking up and seeing everything covered in snow, etc...90 degrees and sunny everyday starts to get old after awhile :headache:
My DH (who has no desire to live up north ever again) likes to remind me about raking the leaves and shoveling the snow when I start to lament about the hot Texas weather :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter