Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

We went from the Treehouse to another family favorite that is basically a time filler for most.

Dennis and the kids love the Frontierland Shooting Arcade. I'm not a fan but they love it. Since the parks reopened after Covid its a free attraction too. I can tell you we spent a quite a few quarters her in the past.

1711638543284.png

We made it over to Fantasyland to see the new scenes added to Phillarmagic. I usually have to twist Danielle's arm to do a 3D show but she wanted to see them too. I really enjoyed them. John Paul saw them for the first time on our trip this past December and enjoyed it too.

1711638648810.png
It was finally time to use the LL I had fought to get for my favorite FL attraction Peter Pan's Flight. I love this ride!
1711638707355.png
1711638735217.png

It was full dark by now. We stayed in FL and made our way to Under the Sea. I found Pinocchio and we stopped for some photo pass pictures which did not turn out well due to how dark it was.

1711638846814.png
1711638877654.png
1711638926948.png

It was time to check in for our Dessert Party. The fireworks were at 8 and check in was 6:30. This was a first for Dennis and Danielle. I had only done it once before in 2018 with Michelle and crew. We were seated in the smaller area off to the left of the main food line. There was a smaller food selection set up with drinks too and we were encouraged to use this set up and not the larger one. I think this was to help keep the lines from being too long and people sharing germs. Danielle and I got the wine and Dennis got the Blue Moon offered along with waters. We all grabbed some desserts and they were ok, nothing great. I'm still sorry I missed out on the savory options offered before Covid. The chocolate dipped strawberries and the watermelon were my favorite. We didn't do the party for the treats but for the reserved area to see the show.
1711639444002.png
1711639462049.png
1711639484362.png

After we had our fill of sweets we made our way over to the viewing area. The castle was lit up for Christmas. It was cool but I still miss the icicle lights we saw in 2019.
1711640127342.png
The area was not too crowded so we had room to spread out and enjoy the hub grass. This was so much better than the last time I did a party in 2023. The viewing area was vey crowded. Please if anyone goes let me know if they are still filling the area too full.
1711640309797.png
1711640332340.png
We did enjoy the show but we did have a view obstructed by some lights. This was the only time I really watched Enchantment and it is was okay. It didn't make a huge impression on me and I honestly can't tell you any details of it. It wasn't bad just not up there with HEA or Wishes.
1711640514154.png
1711640541332.png
1711640570816.png

We made our way out with everyone else after it was done. I took another photo of the tree lit up with lights and we saw the Electrical Water Pageant in the distance as we made our way to the busses. I love catching this as we are leaving. I think the first time we caught this was in 2002 on Danielle's first trip.

1711640738057.png
1711640758474.png

This was a great first day of vacation and wonderful day spent with Danielle.

Up next is Hollywood Studios and the best Disney Christmas Decorations.

We arrived back at the MK around 3:15 or so. We didn't have much time before our 3:45 ADR @ Tony's so we got moving.
Pitter patter, better get at 'er.
I did grab a photo of Lady & the Tramp as we headed down Main Street.
Fitting. :)
1711630174297.png
I was in MK at least a couple times when it was still there... and never rode it. :sad2:
If only I'd known.
I know this place has gotten a bad rap but we have always liked it.
It has, in the past. I don't know that it still does? In any event, I like it too! I've been a few times.
We're also the family that likes Olive Garden too.
Okay... me... not so much. I love the salad... but that's about it.
We were seated in the light airy room right before the outside area. This was our first time sitting there, we had always been seated in the darker inside eating area.
I've sat in both. :)
We all know how stingy Disney has gotten.
Really? Ya don't say.

:rolleyes2
Dennis got his favorite Italian and go to dish the Chicken Parmigiana.
I've not had that there. Did he like it?
We did use Danielle's CP discount for 20% off our meal.
:thumbsup2
Since we needed to walk off our meal to make room for the Dessert Party we headed to Swiss Family Robinson.
:laughing: All those stairs... that'll do it alright!
I really do like the movie too.
::yes::
I watched it again not too long ago.
Aww... what a nice picture of you both. :)
Is Swisskapolka stuck in your head now? It is in mine.
Nope.
I've forgotten it... guess I'll have to watch... again!
Cute pic of Danielle. :)
And a very nice one of you two. :)
Dennis and the kids love the Frontierland Shooting Arcade.
Wait... this is still there?!?!? I had no idea! I remember wanting to do it... oh, geez... decades ago... and thought it was long gone!
Danielle looks like an ol' pro with her knee up like that.
Peter Pan's Flight. I love this ride!
One of the best rides on property.
There was a smaller food selection set up with drinks too and we were encouraged to use this set up and not the larger one. I think this was to help keep the lines from being too long and people sharing germs.
Huh. Interesting tactic.
We didn't do the party for the treats but for the reserved area to see the show.
Awww...
Annnnnd... she's up for the show!

Really cute shot of you all. :)
It wasn't bad just not up there with HEA or Wishes.
Nothing is up there with Wishes.
we saw the Electrical Water Pageant in the distance as we made our way to the busses.
:goodvibes
This was a great first day of vacation and wonderful day spent with Danielle.
So glad it was such a great day!

What a great day! Your photos are fabulous. The views from Swiss Robinson Family treehouse are gorgeous. We have done that climb a few times over the years but not recently. Your photos make me want to climb those stairs again :goodvibes

I agree with you about Tony's. We ate there last summer and thought it was pretty good. With the way people talk about it, we weren't expecting much but were pleasantly surprised.

Sounds like you had a nice evening in between reservations. Glad you could mark off another trip to-do when you saw Philarmagic.

They really do cram people into the viewing area now! It's gotten so much busier since they brought it back. I think that's why Alex was okay skipping it this trip. Definitely miss the savory options, too.

I am late and going to take a little while to catch up, but I'm following along!

Our Drama was named Ida and she had Baton Rouge in her cone of uncertainty.
Oh no! Storms messed with our plans on some trips too - one year it was Imelda and we were trying to outrun her by getting well into Louisiana.
It didn't take long until we saw this. IFYKYK
IK!! Always a welcome sight on a road trip to WDW.

What a fun day. Tony's is a favorite of ours now with the FoF viewing and the yummy new bread! No free bread anymore!
We did a dessert party in 2022 for Enchantment! It was okay, we did the after the fireworks option.

The dessert options and little to no savory items now is a bummer!

I was in MK at least a couple times when it was still there... and never rode it. :sad2:
If only I'd known.

I only visited MK one time before it closed. I was in High School and had no idea what I was missing by not doing it.

Okay... me... not so much. I love the salad... but that's about it.

I like the salad too. I'm just ok with everything else, but Dennis loves it and believe it or not he doesn't get the parmigiana. He likes the Carbonara.

Really? Ya don't say.

Imagine that!

I've not had that there. Did he like it?

Yes he did.

Aww... what a nice picture of you both. :)

Thank you!

Nope.
I've forgotten it... guess I'll have to watch... again!

I'm sure it will come right back to you.

Cute pic of Danielle. :)

I think to too.

And a very nice one of you two. :)

Thank you!

Wait... this is still there?!?!? I had no idea! I remember wanting to do it... oh, geez... decades ago... and thought it was long gone!

You need to get back there and play.

Danielle looks like an ol' pro with her knee up like that.

She really does think she is a pro.

One of the best rides on property.

Absolutely!

Really cute shot of you all. :)

Thank you! Danielle is much better at taking the selfie shots.

Nothing is up there with Wishes.

So true!

So glad it was such a great day!

Thanks, it really was a great start to our trip.

I agree with you about Tony's. We ate there last summer and thought it was pretty good. With the way people talk about it, we weren't expecting much but were pleasantly surprised.

It's really not bad. We've enjoyed our trips here.

Sounds like you had a nice evening in between reservations. Glad you could mark off another trip to-do when you saw Philarmagic.

It was really great we marked off so much of our list. How many times do you go to Disney and not even come close to marking stuff off your list? We all know you can't do it all but when you make a short list is great to actually get most of it done.

They really do cram people into the viewing area now! It's gotten so much busier since they brought it back. I think that's why Alex was okay skipping it this trip. Definitely miss the savory options, too.

We were way to packed in last year when we did the party for the return of HEA. I ended up next to a bush and had a ton of bug bites.

I am late and going to take a little while to catch up, but I'm following along!

:welcome: So happy to have you here. You're never too late, since I move way too slow.

Oh no! Storms messed with our plans on some trips too - one year it was Imelda and we were trying to outrun her by getting well into Louisiana.

Oh no! Were you coming from Texas?

IK!! Always a welcome sight on a road trip to WDW.

Yes it is!!!

What a fun day. Tony's is a favorite of ours now with the FoF viewing and the yummy new bread!

I want to try Tony's for the FoF viewing one day after reading about it in your report.

The dessert options and little to no savory items now is a bummer!

It's a major bummer. Now that I have seen the fireworks in the viewing area I don't need to do another party until the improve the food and lessen the crowd.

I only visited MK one time before it closed. I was in High School and had no idea what I was missing by not doing it.
Yup.
I like the salad too. I'm just ok with everything else, but Dennis loves it and believe it or not he doesn't get the parmigiana. He likes the Carbonara.
I’m surprised!
You need to get back there and play.
She really does think she is a pro.
Is she a good shot?

I enjoyed my stay at Club Wyndam. The condo had so much space compared to a hotel room. The only real downside was not being able to use the Disney transportation.
Still behind but I am getting there :) I'm enjoying all the pictures! We stayed at Wyndham in 2022 and also really liked it, with the exception of lack of transportation. We had our car so we drove each day, but it's just not the same as staying in the Disney bubble.
We booked Wilderness Lodge! It will be our first stay there and I'm so excited! This is a dream resort for me.
WL is my favorite! I'll get there, but did you get to check out the train room? I would love to stay there again some day.
Oh no! Were you coming from Texas?
Yes! We were coming from TX when we were trying to out-run Imelda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter