Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

Any Universal suggestions! I'm really hoping we hit City Walk for a meal on Friday night.
We'll actually be at Universal on Sunday!! Had this Disney trip planned (just me and my youngest - last fling before he leaves for college at the end of August :eek:) and we decided to hit up Uni for a day. Haven't been in several years and I'm looking forward to Hagrid's Motorbike and Velocicoaster. DS also wants to do the raptor encounter, but since Dinosaur scares the heck out of me, I think I'll skip that. My guess is most of our day will be spent in the Harry Potter section

We're staying just one night at Endless Summer - Dockside so we can get the early entry and we have dinner reservations at Toothsome's. I'll check in when we get back and let you know how everything goes. I'm a bit nervous about the weather - current forecasted real feel of 108 :scared:

Oh! Glad I could help. :)

I love your trip reports and really miss them.

It spins a bit… but I never really noticed it that much. Too busy trying to shoot aliens.

That makes sense. I'll give it a try if it on the list for the others. I'm follower and not a leader this trip.

I don’t remember for sure but I don’t think it does.

I'll give the Mummy a shot. I know Danielle got evacuated off it last year.

Universal is awesome, the last part of my report is coming up with Universal info.

I'll pay close attention. I trust your judgement and I think I would be okay to ride something both you and your sisiter did.

Get a butter beer, take in the HP world atmosphere! It is amazing. Ride the Mummy and Gringotts such good rides! You have to ride ET and do the Horror Make up show really good!

Great suggestions. You and @pkondz suggested the Mummy. I was on the fence for Gringotts but I'll take your advice.
More suggestions for ET and Horror Make up show.

Many good places to eat and drink on Citywalk! We like CowFish, Toothsome’s, Antojitos, Margaritaville, Vodoo donuts, and Red Brick oven quick service pizza is very good.

Those sound good. I started reading about the food choices but haven't been through them all yet.

We'll actually be at Universal on Sunday!!

How Exciting!

DS also wants to do the raptor encounter

I want to try this too.

We're staying just one night at Endless Summer - Dockside

That's were I'll be but only for one night and not the night we're going to Universal.

I'll check in when we get back and let you know how everything goes. I

I would love that. It's all so new to me.

I'm a bit nervous about the weather - current forecasted real feel of 108 :scared:

Oh dear! That's what it's been like here in Louisiana, but I'm staying inside. Good Luck and hydrate!

Then she's not done it either, yet... officially. (Unless she did it after... or before, that.)

I'm pretty sure she has done it several times. She has an annual pass at Universal. The night she got evacuated was when she went for Halloween Horror Nights in 2021.

I'm pretty sure she has done it several times. She has an annual pass at Universal. The night she got evacuated was when she went for Halloween Horror Nights in 2021.
Then she's not done it yet with her poor, terrified, hanging-on-to-her-kid-for-dear-life, mother.

Epcot Special Event- Saturday September 4, 2021

We were finally headed to a park!

Of course we were headed to Epcot. I mean it was Food and Wine time. But that wasn't our main reason for going this particular day.

Disney does lot of special events for the CMs. Ratatouille was not open yet but had already done CM previews and was hosting Annual Pass previews this weekend too. I actually had one for later in our trip, but since I was the only AP it was only for me. Danielle had registered and won a special preview for herself and 3 guests that included admission into the park too!

Danielle has actually enjoyed a few special events during her time there but this was the first time we would get to enjoy one too. She won the "Sunrise Yoga" at the MK in June. It was really cool until it started raining and they had to end it right after it started. She just recently got a CM preview for Moana's Journey of Water for August. I'm really hoping this will be open when we go in September.

Danielle drove us to Epcot and flashed her Blue ID so we could get free parking, of course we could also get free parking since we were staying at a Disney Resort and I have an AP, but she wanted to show us her Disney. We parked in the Create section in slot 44.
1690761818480.png

1690761846887.png

I don't remember it being too far to make the walk to the front of the park.

1690761899224.png

We didn't enter in the normal way but had to go all the way to the left for a special entrance, remember we weren't using tickets to get in.
1690761961017.png

This is the card we were all given. I didn't get a picture of the back but there is a recipe for Ratatouille on it.
1690762026178.png

If you look close you'll notice that Michelle's nails are not freshly done. We did not get our vacation mani/pedi since no one had power (1st World Problems).

After we checked in we went to Guest Services to make sure my AP was activated. I had just done my very first AP renewal back in May and this was my first trip using it. I didn't scan it to get in so it wasn't really active yet and I also wanted to get a fresh AP card. My original AP expired on May 10, 2021. I wasn't sure I was going to renew it but after Danielle signed back up for another DCP I just had to renew it. I waited until May 24th to call in and renew. The CM helping me was very nice but was having a little trouble. She found where I had renewed and somehow once she was done my new expiration date was May 24th. I just got extended by 14 days! I will take any extension I can get. I asked about the Mickey phone on the counter and was given some Pixie Dust with a call from the Big Cheese himself.
1690762395085.png

We were finally ready to ride some rides and eat some food.

Our first stop after the bathrooms was Spaceship Earth. Michelle and I rode together and I made sure to get a photo of us. Danielle and Leah did not get that memo.
1690762492855.png

1690762527574.png

We stopped for some photos on the way to The Land.
1690762615368.png

This would have been so cute if they had actually put the Magic Shot in.

1690762659475.png

Continued in next post.

This was a Saturday in Epcot and the crowds weren't really that bad. We went to Soarin' first and walked right on.
1690763132108.png
Next up was Living with the Land, one of my favorites.
1690763174178.png
1690763206922.png

1690763256636.png

It was after 5 by now so we were ready for some food. We started making our way to the booths over by Test Track. I snaped some photos of the Food & Wine decorations along the way.

1690763415220.png

We saw several things we wanted at the booths between Mission Space and Test Track. We all split up and got what we wanted. We hit Flavors from Fire, Lobster Landing and Mac & Eats. We took our dishes to the Odyssey Center so we could sit in the AC and Eat. No trash can eating for us.

Everyone shared so we all got tastes.
From Mac & Cheese Michelle and Danielle got the Truffle Mac & Cheese and Leah got the traditional Mac & Cheese.
1690763859287.png
1690763891806.png
Michelle and Danielle shared the Baked Lobster Dip form Lobster Landing.
1690763944656.png
Danielle and I shared the Corned Beef Corner Route and S'mores Whoopie Pie for Flavors from Fire.
1690764038548.png
1690764059847.png

Everything was good but I think the Lobster Dip was the best.

Our bellies were a little full so it was time to enter World Showcase. Which way should we go? Mexico or Canada?

Stay tuned.

Danielle had registered and won a special preview for herself and 3 guests that included admission into the park too!
Nice! Way to go Danielle. :)
She won the "Sunrise Yoga" at the MK in June. It was really cool until it started raining and they had to end it right after it started.
She posted that on IG, didn't she? I'm sure I saw something about that.
This is the card we were all given. I didn't get a picture of the back but there is a recipe for Ratatouille on it.
Do you have the recipe, or (more importantly) have you made it?
If you look close you'll notice that Michelle's nails are not freshly done.
The horror! :scared1:
We did not get our vacation mani/pedi since no one had power (1st World Problems).
Ah!

Forgiven.
She found where I had renewed and somehow once she was done my new expiration date was May 24th. I just got extended by 14 days!
Yuss...
Our first stop after the bathrooms
The most important "ride" of the day...
This would have been so cute if they had actually put the Magic Shot in.
:lmao:
We went to Soarin' first and walked right on.
:sad2:
Remember when it was always a minimum 2-3 hour wait?
Lobster Landing
Heard of the others, but not this one. Hello!
Everything was good but I think the Lobster Dip was the best.
mmm... lobster.
I'd eat everything you posted.
Which way should we go? Mexico or Canada?

Stay tuned.
popcorn::

Ach your magic shot would have been such a good photo if only they’d put the magic in 😱🤣
Food looks great and way to go Danielle on winning the special passes for you all. I love that she’s is showing you her Disney life ( and that we get to hear about it too).

How adorable are your two Winnie the Poohs!?

We just returned from a week at Universal (an insanely crowded, gross, hot week, LOL!) I would second others who suggested ET (such a classic!), Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, and all of the Dr. Seuss rides--Rob loves the Cat in the Hat because it's the best air conditioning in the whole park :) We also enjoy the Horror Make Up show and the Bourne stage show is very cool. At City Walk, our favorite is Pat O'Brien's for the atmosphere (and hurricanes!), but we also have had great meals at Toothsome, Margaritaville and amazing burgers at Jimmy's favorite, the Hard Rock Cafe.

She posted that on IG, didn't she? I'm sure I saw something about that.

Yes she did. Hopefully she'll get another shot at it.

Do you have the recipe, or (more importantly) have you made it?

I do still have the recipe card but have not made it

The most important "ride" of the day...

This was a ride we did a lot.

Remember when it was always a minimum 2-3 hour wait?

I do! But time moves on and new and bigger rides take the spotlight.

Heard of the others, but not this one. Hello!

Maybe is was a limited time booth. I don't see it for this year. :sad:

I'd eat everything you posted.
All so good! I'm going to be getting lots at Flavors from Fire again this year. This update has really made me excited for the trip next month.

Ach your magic shot would have been such a good photo if only they’d put the magic in 😱🤣
Food looks great and way to go Danielle on winning the special passes for you all. I love that she’s is showing you her Disney life ( and that we get to hear about it too).

The food was so good! We really loved that Danielle shared some Magic with us and a slice of her life.

How adorable are your two Winnie the Poohs!?

Yes they were! Michelle's belly was perfect for Pooh.

We just returned from a week at Universal (an insanely crowded, gross, hot week, LOL!)

I really enjoyed following along.

I would second others who suggested ET (such a classic!), Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure, and all of the Dr. Seuss rides--Rob loves the Cat in the Hat because it's the best air conditioning in the whole park :) We also enjoy the Horror Make Up show and the Bourne stage show is very cool.

Thanks for the suggestions. Best AC is very important so that moves Cat in the Hat up. I'm hoping to have time for a show or two.

At City Walk, our favorite is Pat O'Brien's for the atmosphere (and hurricanes!), but we also have had great meals at Toothsome, Margaritaville and amazing burgers at Jimmy's favorite, the Hard Rock Cafe.

So many choices at City Walk. I hope we make it there.

Club Wyndam @ Bonnet Creek, again not in the Disney bubble. My co-worker has a timeshare there and we'll be in a 2 BDR condo.

My mom and Step dad own at Club Wyndam and we have stayed with them at National Harbor in in Gatlinburg (just got back from this one last Friday). The rooms are really nice and having a 3 bedroom was nice. My dad and step mom get a master room with a bathroom and Jeff and I get a room and the kids share a room and the 4 of us share a bathroom. They are very comfortable to stay at.

Well?????

Maybe some day.

Shoot! Looked so good!

It really was. I know I've seen some of the dishes at other booths spread out over the years, but never all at one booth again. The lobster roll was in America before.

My mom and Step dad own at Club Wyndam and we have stayed with them at National Harbor in in Gatlinburg (just got back from this one last Friday). The rooms are really nice and having a 3 bedroom was nice. My dad and step mom get a master room with a bathroom and Jeff and I get a room and the kids share a room and the 4 of us share a bathroom. They are very comfortable to stay at.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. They sound really nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter