Girls Gone Wild (not really - we are too old for that) - Sept 2024

Love your report- was there on girls trip (4 ladies your agish as well!) same time as you, and its interesting seeing how you did things in comparison. So much fun.

This is my first trip report and won't have a ton of pictures. My BFF Kristen (53) and I (51) traveled to WDW from 9/7-9/11. She is a mom of two (20 and 18) as am I (18 and 16). It is the first trip ever that we took without kids or hubbies and we were stoked. My oldest just started college in August and I thought I could use the pick me up. It delivered.

Here is the two of us:
View attachment 894633

The details - we flew American from Philly to Orlando (my flight was $11 with points) and rented a car through Enterprise for just $230. We figured it would work out with avoiding transportation costs to and from MCO and grocery deliveries. This was a great decision for us. We stayed at POP Century which was our first time staying at a value resort and had the quick service free-dining. We loved being able to get a free adult beverage with each meal.

I hadn't been to Disney since 2021 and it had been 8 years for Kristen. We used virtual queues, lightning lane, monorail, skyliner, car, and visited two other resorts during our short stay. Stay tuned for how it went.
You sound like my kind of traveler. I look forward to reading all about your trip.

Love your trip and all the fun you had together! I am in awe of you spending a whole day at Studios. You are troopers!
I needed to take a break at one point. We found some shade back by Walt Disney Presents and just chilled for 30 minutes. We were definitely tired by the time we packed it in!

Wednesday 9/11 - Back to Reality

We didn't set an alarm for the day but were awake and moving around by 8:30. We packed our bags, schlepped them to the car, and went to the Hippity Dippity Pool for the morning. From 10 am until almost 1 pm, we read, soaked, and vegged out. Kristen had been sad to not get quite enough Florida sun so this was the non-park morning she needed.

1728069602385.png

With great reluctance, we used the poolside changing rooms and got changed into travel clothes before heading to Disney Springs. The only souvenir I really wanted was a new custom designed Disney phone case from D-Tech in the Marketplace. I used a Samsung phone forever and got a case from Disneyland 8 years ago. I was crushed when I upgraded my phone and didn't have that case any more. Just looking at it every day would bring a smile to my face. So off to Disney Springs it was.

1728069623293.png
1728069647791.png

We did some shopping, got phone cases, and had lunch at Polite Pig. OMG it was amazing! We left around 4 pm since it looked like stormed were coming in and we wanted to get to the airport. Our flights back were uneventful and we landed at 10 pm. We both just wished we had more time at Disney because it is never enough.

Total steps for the day: 9,707

Retrospective

Girl's trips are amazing! I would do this again in a heartbeat and feel zero guilt about not having my husband or kids with me.

You cannot beat the Skyliner for Disney transportation. I've stayed from value to deluxe and using monorail, bus, and foot to get to the parks but the Skyliner is it for me.

Party days in Magic Kingdom really allow you to get so much done in a little bit of time.

Quick service meal plans and mobile order are so convenient and worked out great for a group of traveling adults. We had no problems at all.

I will never skip Boma on any trip I take to Disney. The food was simply amazing.

Having a plan and taking advantage of early entry made a huge difference for us. We were not running from attraction to attraction and took plenty of time to soak it all in but being up early enabled us to see everything we wanted.

Let me know if anyone has questions. I wish I was back in my happy place - I miss it already.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! It was an enjoyable read! :flower1:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest