Ghirardelli's in the evening?

HeadintoWDW

Mouseketeer
Hi guys!

Just wondering how crowded Ghirardelli's gets in the evening. DH and I are having an anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman at 6:00 so we would probably get to DD between 8:30 and 9:00. Is this a place that is overly crowded in the evening? I would hate to haul ourselves all the way over there and not be able to get a table or a spot to sit down. We will be there in mid-May, if that makes a difference.

TIA!!

Hi Jennifer :wave2:

We were there last year the week you are going this year and we tried to have dessert at Ghirardelli's in the evening. The line was out the door, so we took the boat to POR and had a brownie sundae at Boatwright's. I would love to try this place sometime, but it is always way too crowded for us. We hate waiting. Let us know if what you decide.

Colleen (& Josh)

As crowded as it seems, we have never really had too long of a wait. But than again, I am an ice cream junkie so maybe I did wait long and not know it as I had visions of ice cream in my head;) Seriously, I love this place and you can also get it to go and find somewhere to sit and have you ice cream.

When we were there last May we wanted to try dessert but the line was out the door then too and we didn't want to stand in it. Everything looked really good. :tongue: Maybe we will try again next month. :hyper:

When we go in Sept. the line does get long, but it moves really fast. My DH stands in line and my DD and I go grab a table.

I absolutly love their sundaes and couldn't imagine a vacation w/out one. Plus, this is a good way to get my DD to finish her supper.

Funny story......we were in House of Blues and my DD was taking forever to eat and picking at her food (a cheese sandwich - a grilled cheese on the menu & requested no grilling). Anyway, I told her that if she doesn't finish her dinner than no sundae (she's had one a couple times before). All of a sudden she starts ramming this sandwich in her mouth all at once, and before I could stop her a gag reflex happened and up came her dinner. Luckily, we were sitting in the back of the restaurant and nobody saw it happen except our server who graciously went and got a lot of towels. So, we cleaned up our booth, our DD, gave our server a big tip for being so nice, and gave our DD the sundae because I figured that she must really love them if she's willing to gobble her food over it and then get sick.

Go for the sundae - you won't regret it (they are expensive, but who cares!!!):wave:

We usually try and go here later in the evening (after 9pm) and tend to have luck being able to get a table inside. Since the servers bring the sundaes to the table, it may be best to have one person order and the other snag the table if the line is very long (which it very well may be in May). Enjoy!! ::MickeyMo

It get's really crowded in the evening, but the line moves really fast. We had sundae's in Dec. and just loved them, it was our first time having ice cream here.

We usually go in the evening once during our trips. The line can be long, but moves fast. Go and enjoy!

I was there in Nov last year, and I was very impressed with how fast that long line moved!!! The line was almost out the door, however, we found a table inside, and were outta there in about 15-20 minutes:D The Sundae's there are definitely worth the wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter