getting on & off in the ports

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Is there a certain time one can get on/off the Magic while in the Western ports? Not sure if we're actually booking excursions or not. If we wait till the crowd is off can we come and go whenever we want while the ship is docked? Or do they close the door certain times?

you can pretty much come and go, but make sure you know what is deadline for getting back aboard ship before it sails. We weren't doing any excursions on our last Wonder cruise so we just waited until the crowd got off. Have a great trip!

In Cozumel you have from about 10 am until 10 pm to come and go as you like. They never close the door all day. Many people do get carried away and forget the time, especially if they are indulging at Carlos N Charlies!!!

In Grand Cayman is from morning and I think the last tender back to the ship is at 4:30.

In Key West you arrive at about 11:30am and have until about 10:00 pm

MJ

Be aware when planning early excursions the ship must be cleared by the officals in the various countries before you are allowed off. When we arrived in cozumel it was quite a while before we were cleared-at least and hour and several people were getting very nervous about their excursions.

In Grand Cayman you do need to tender back and forth - it does not take very long but I can't imagine going back to the ship and then to the island more than once.

In Grand Cayman, remember to keep in an eye on the sky. We were tendering back to the boat, when it started to storm. It was very windy, slippery and the boat was rocking really bad. IMHO, they shouldn't have let us out, but gone back to Grand Cayman, because it could have been a dangerous situation!:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter