Getting into Oga's Cantina

We had no problem getting one on day 6 of our 7 day trip. It was a lunch reservation but several options popped up.

it was the first one I tried for so if you plan it for the end of your trip and try for it first, you’ll probably be ok.

A lot opened up today for the week of July 4th, I was able to get a party of 9 with multiple time options.

I was just playing around with ADR's this evening for our 1st HS date in early August and there were 4 times available in the 9-10am range. I reserved one even though I hadn't tried to get one previously. I'm wondering if more slots were just opened up. Still can't get a Sci-Fi for that day though.

There is some morning availability July 19-24 now

Assuming you have a reservation and you check in “no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time,” how long are people waiting to enter?

Thanks!

Assuming you have a reservation and you check in “no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation time,” how long are people waiting to enter?

Thanks!

I checked in around 1005 for a 1015 and we were inside before 1015.

The one thing I didn't expect was that there are not many tables in there and they're all made for big parties. We were given a spot at the bar even with two kids, my 3 yr old was given a high chair to push up to the bar top.

It's painfully clear they didn't think out how many people would need to be in there. It's very small. There's a couple cool things in there but overall the decor is just meh. If I didn't really want both souvenir glasses I could have done without it and now that we have them I see no need to ever go back.

We were able to snag a reservation for the first week of August. I was told by a pass holder that they are now allowing table sharing, which allows them to open up more dining reservations now.

I checked in around 1005 for a 1015 and we were inside before 1015.

The one thing I didn't expect was that there are not many tables in there and they're all made for big parties. We were given a spot at the bar even with two kids, my 3 yr old was given a high chair to push up to the bar top.

It's painfully clear they didn't think out how many people would need to be in there. It's very small. There's a couple cool things in there but overall the decor is just meh. If I didn't really want both souvenir glasses I could have done without it and now that we have them I see no need to ever go back.
Thanks. I appreciate the insight. My 18 year old nephew really wants to go to Oga's. I was able to get reservations for both days I have us at DHS. I'll cancel the second reservation if the one visit is sufficient. I have a group of 5: me, my sister, my 26 year old daughter, and sister's 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter. They'll probably enjoy it more than your 3 year old. We shall see. Thanks again @ForceofWill.

They didn't have chairs/stools at the bar before covid.

They don't want people getting comfortable in there.
That's exactly right. It's their way of enforcing the time limit, although I have exceeded it on several occasions but 15-20 minutes, and they have never seem to have minded. As long as you are still ordering snacks and things, I have never noticed them caring about it.

We'll be there at 9:35am during our August trip! A little early for a drink, but it was all we could get. And I was on at 6am on day 60. Every res was gone by 6:27 am for the whole week. Can't wait for 180 ADR's to come back!

That kind of defeats the purpose of taking a relaxing break 🙄

It was never meant to be a "relaxing break" for people. It's an "attraction"...a money-maker. That's why there's a drink minimum, and a time limit. Disney doesn't want folks sitting around, nursing a drink for two hours when there are hundreds lined up outside the door waiting to get in.

It was never meant to be a "relaxing break" for people. It's an "attraction"...a money-maker. That's why there's a drink minimum, and a time limit. Disney doesn't want folks sitting around, nursing a drink for two hours when there are hundreds lined up outside the door waiting to get in.

what is the drink minimum?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter