Getting from MCO to WDW if you need a car seat?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
How do families with toddlers generally get to WDW? We've never had need of a car seat ourselves. but have family going who need one. Is the best option to bring your own car seat? Then maybe rent a car? Is Uber with car seat commonly available?

Post COVID my husband became really uncomfortable with shared transportation, so we book a car service that offers car seats for an extra fee.

Uber does have car seats, and while we used them on property, a lot of them were pretty beat up and I wouldn't feel comfortable going from MCO to WDW in them.

We traveled in March with our daughter and 11 month old grandson. We booked gearfusion. They provided the car seat and had it installed and ready to go both when they picked us up at the airport, and to return to the airport at the end of the vacation. I highly recommend them.

I don’t even have kids and I’m not sure I’d want to use an Uber car seat for my kid….. if you have a purpose for a car for other resorts, renting a car is one solution. When traveling with my niece, We rented twice with a full booster seat rent from the company and both times we were very happy with the quality of the seat provided. (We couldn’t handle bringing one with us, so our back up plan use to use it long enough to head to Walmart to buy one if we weren’t happy.)

But there is also the Mears Connect bus transportation and then you don’t need one.

I’m not a fan of car seats that have been used by services bc you don’t really know if they’re damaged. I’ve brought my own before, and once my kiddo was past toddler years, we did Mears.

We used the Mears bus and then only use buses or the Minnie vans that provide car seats. On trips to places where we rent a car, we fly Southwest and use our free checked bags to pack car seats. We have a Graco Tranzitions 5-point harness seat that fits in our largest suitcase, but this only works for forward facing. I've heard the Cosco Scenera and Finale seats are good options to take on the plane, but I haven't personally used car seats in flight. We didn't fly until the youngest was 5.

We used Away we Go numerous times now, just selected that we needed two car seats. And when they arrived at airport/ resort we were good to go. If you staying on site and using Disney Transport toddler is sitting on your lap on the bus as well.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest