Getting from a resort to a DVC resort...

DVCisME

DIS Veteran
I was wondering how one would a ersort to a DVC resort during a stay if one uses Magical Express?
This is our first time staying at a resort that is not a DVC resort. We have a 3 year old and an infant, not very appealing to lug carseats or the added expense of a rental.
TIA

Take a cab. Or ask to have your stuff moved over from one Disney hotel to the DVC resort. But if your first night isn't at a Disney resort, you'll have to rely on a cab, I guess.

We are at a Disney resort, does that mean they will tranfer our stuff? Is there a fee? Do you have to schedule such a thing?

We are at a Disney resort, does that mean they will tranfer our stuff? Is there a fee? Do you have to schedule such a thing?

Its very common to move resorts. simply phone up bell services. tell them that you are transfering from say, the poly to BCV. They will come up. take a tip from you (no actual charge, but you better tip or your luggage may accidentally fall during transit) and transfer your luggage to the new resort. Easy peasy. Then you take a bus to magic kingdom or wherever for the day. once done get the resort bus to the BCV and check in there. Your luggage should be waiting for you

if you are staying at a value resort - because they have few people for luggage service (different name here) - just bring your luggage to them - same area where you get off the DME bus.

now you can call them and they will come get it - but it takes them longer.

they are not consider a bell service. One good thing about it - they can take your luggage when you are not there. they don't require a tip. but a tip is always nice.

if you aren't there - make sure - that you leave good instructions - your new resort, your name, your reservation number at the other resort, cell phone number where you can be reached.

Also, I think you have to be in your room for the luggage to be delivered to you. So don't do the parks all day and night, arrive back at 2AM and expect your stuff to be in your new room.

We are staying at Carribean Beach. If we have to be out at 11 and cannot check in to OKW until 4. How can I stay in my room? Won't the luggage show up like magical express? Or can't I just call for it when I get back to the room? I thought they would hold it in their storage area. Like if you get there early and cannot check in yet.

the morning go check in OKW - you can check in at OKW at 6:30 am. I would do it. if it is early entry take a bus to that park then trade to OKW.

check in. if they have a room great. either way go back and pack. if they don't have a room I won't leave the other resort until 11 am.

so take a nap - yes I know early for a nap - but you might need it.

then call OKW - they should have given you a phone number to reach them with. they will tell you over the phone when your room is ready.

so have fun in the parks until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter