• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting a hat back blown off during a ride?

donaldfansfromphilly

Earning My Ears
Realistically, what are the chances of my dh getting his favorite hat back? He lost it during EE. Told him to take it off, but the guy in front of us was wearing his. Apparently dh trusts a complete stranger over his wife of 18 years. Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, we completed the Disney online form and are periodically checking back. Has anyone ever gotten a lost item returned? Does the chance of return decrease as time increases? Thanks in advance!

DH had an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses on his head during It's Tough to be a bug. They fell off and we never did find them or get them returned. Hope you have better luck.

• Sad
Reactions: rlk
DH had an expensive pair of prescription sunglasses on his head during It's Tough to be a bug. They fell off and we never did find them or get them returned. Hope you have better luck.
Sorry he hasn’t received them back. Did you fill out the online form as well?
Btw, I’m waiting for my daughters expensive prescription sunglasses to be lost this trip too.

We did fill out the form, but never did get them back. I thought we might have a shot since they were prescription and probably not really helpful to most people. (I now make him hook a strap onto them).

Back in 2013, DS left his beloved SF Giants baseball cap under his seat on Star Tours. We realized it was missing before we exited the building. A CM went into the simulator to look for it, but it wasn't there. He said it may have been turned in by a guest, or another CM may have noticed it and taken it to the loading side. We were told to check with Guest Services before we left for the day, which we did. They gave us a card with a phone number for their central lost and found location. I called after we got home, about a week later. The rep asked me exactly where and when we lost the hat and then went to look for it. She came back on the phone and said she found it! She mailed it back to DS in a padded envelope, no charge.

Back in 2013, DS left his beloved SF Giants baseball cap under his seat on Star Tours. We realized it was missing before we exited the building. A CM went into the simulator to look for it, but it wasn't there. He said it may have been turned in by a guest, or another CM may have noticed it and taken it to the loading side. We were told to check with Guest Services before we left for the day, which we did. They gave us a card with a phone number for their central lost and found location. I called after we got home, about a week later. The rep asked me exactly where and when we lost the hat and then went to look for it. She came back on the phone and said she found it! She mailed it back to DS in a padded envelope, no charge.
Good to hear! Thanks!

My son's cell phone fell out of his pocket on RnRC in 2012. Never got it back; we did call Lost & Found periodically for awhile but eventually gave up.

Lost my hat on TT years ago, asked CM about it and couldn't find it around. Didn't know about lost and found then

Jan trip of this year- first ride was Splash Mountain- hat flew off on big hill but stayed in log so i didn’t lose it. Don’t even try to wear it on Space Mtn or Everest.

Chances aren't good. My dad lost his irreplaceable "Goofy through the years" hat on EE. We have the whole thing on video...one sec he has it on, then whoosh it's gone LOL. Never got it back though we did file the report and checked daily for several weeks. Bummer.

My dear Hubby lost his hat a few years ago on one of the Harry Potter rides at Universal - totally blew off...but it literally landed in the lap of the guy who was sitting behind us, who held on to it for the remainder of the ride, and kindly handed it back to Hubby while we were disembarking. “Excuse me, sir - I believe this is yours.” Ha ha ha! I told Hubby he was pretty darned lucky - as it was his favorite hat.

We lost two hats on our last trip in June and both were returned to us. One was left in the pocket on EE. My husband went back right away but it must have been turned in to a CM. We filled out the form on the app and two days later we were notified that it was found. We could have picked it up in Disney Springs but it was easier to just wait and have it mailed home. Then my son lost his hat on Figment (it was blown off at the end.) Again we asked a CM but were told they couldn't look for it until the ride closed. We filled out the form on the app and it was found a few days later. And again we asked to have it mailed home. We received both a few days after our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter