• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gee, why am I not surprised?

Hello to Knoxville! I was one of the opening castmembers at the West Town store and worked there 4 years before moving to Dallas. Love that store!! It was so awesome with the murals on the ceiling and the gallery room.

Am now a castmember in a store in the Dallas area and I can tell you that the castmembers all regret how things have gotten. There are so few castmembers scheduled per shift that you can't maintain the floor as we used to. Also we wish that we carried the type of merchandise that we used to. On a daily basis we are asked for adult watches, embroidered shirts & sweatshirts for adults. Wish we could go back - but doesn't look like that will happen.

I not even sure the TDT near my house exists anymore. It used to be really cool with lots of Disney things that I used to want and beg for. Then, it scaled baclk and became more of a promotional outlet. I'm not sure what has happened to it. I hope the parks never suffer the same fate that the stores did. More people are attending Six Flags, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and many other Disney alternatives. That's really too bad. Disney's got what the others don't. An imagination.

Hi jfap. I can definitely say that the CM's at the Disney Stores are one of the few features that are still good at the stores and I'm grateful for that. I can only imagine what it's like to see the philosophies and stock changing so much and to continually turn away prospective customers.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :)

I was in our local TDS last week, what a letdown. NO clothes for my 7yr old son and the adult clothes forget it. The CM told me to check online. I use to love to go there and just pickup a few things not anymore. I will go in now to find new beanie baby Mickeys. But I guess I'll just check on line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter