• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Grill or Ohana

disney gym mom

Mouseketeer
If given the choice between Garden Grill or Ohana...which would you choose? We are paying oop and have availability on our Epcot night if we choose Garden Grill and a free night for Ohana...but we don't want to pay for both so we need to choose. Thoughts?

Garden Grill will have characters, Ohana won’t. If you are planning to be at EPCOT that night I will choose GG.

Ohana is a must do for us every trip. The food and atmosphere are great. There are two frequent complaints I see about it: slow service (yes, it can be slow, perhaps intentionally to get you to eat less?) and food not cooked as I'd like (if the steak isn't cooked to your liking, they will bring you more cooked however you request).

I've never eaten at GG so can't comment on that one.

Ohana is a must do. Garden grill is ok, having had dinner there it is a cute character meet and the rotating restaurant is neat, but the food was just fine - not great and not bad. Ohana could be an experience (just the bread pudding alone is worth the trip). If you plan a little later time (7:00-7:30pm) then you can stick around and watch the MK fireworks from the beach. You can hit trader sams at the poly for a drink prior to your dinner reservation.

Ohana is a must do for us as well. All of the courses are soooo good and the overall experience was great! My kids loved their mac and cheese, brownies, and coconut races. The adults loved all of the regular options and the ambiance of the restaurant. The bread pudding is amazing and this place just feels like Disney to us.

We have eaten at both several times but Ohana's is the one place I book twice for every vacation. Everyone in my daughters extended family like it and the 2 of us love the place. We book late enough to watch the fireworks and the coconut race is fun for kids. I have pictures of my girl growing up doing that race and in June I am making her do it again hehe (at 17 I am not sure how well she will take this).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter