Garden Grill Breakfast

starousse

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm thinking about booking GG for breakfast on our Epcot day. The breakfast looks pretty good, especially that cinnamon bun and the Nutella waffles. The one thing and the probably one reason I haven't booked it before is it's drab and very institutional looking atmosphere. From the outside, it looks like a hospital cafeteria, so not sure if the ambiance gets better once it starts rotating. It looks like there are two rows of seating. An inner one, which faces a wall and the outside row which looks a little better with a glass surrounding. Is one row better than the other and can you request a booth on the outside?

Thanks

Last edited:
I always tell them I am willing to wait for an outer booth. It makes the meal so much more relaxing and more private than most other Disney restaurants. Just make sure whoever wants pics with the characters are seated on the outside.

I love the fresh fruit and the potato barrels :)

I’m sure you can ask for a certain section. We’ve always been seated on the top row & it’s fine for us. We love the food & that the characters come to your table. Also, it’s nice NOT to have tables too close together like some other restaurants.

It's our favorite breakfast! The food is great and it's so cool to watch The Land as you rotate. I always ask for a booth on the outside and it's never a problem. If you can get a pre-park opening reservation you can likely ride Soarin' a few minutes before the rest of the park opens.

Its a great breakfast. The food is delicious and the interactions are lovely. Dont worry about the seating basically the point of the two sections is that both get an unobstructed view of the ‘view’. The restaurant turns very slowly so your view actually changes and you even get to see the house Walt Disney grew up in. As far as atmosphere goes its really not too bad at all. Better than any hospital cafeteria I’ve ever been to for sure!!

I just replied to something similar about an hour ago. Everything your imagining is pretty accurate. Yes, you can request, but the lower rotating level is in high demang and you could be waiting a bit for something that it totally not worth it. You see rocks and some plants.

17761119_1303976639637429_1056318697719352267_o.jpg

You are served a little cup of melted nutella if you want to use it on your waffles. The cinnamon bun was super dry. The whole meal was "sweet"..even the fruit!! I didnt love it. Ehh at best.
17760857_1303978626303897_2272897156849883489_o.jpg

17807492_1303978629637230_8570800449035257378_o.jpg

This is the lower level which rotates. Rich above our booth bench - left side of this photo is basically where the upper level begins. The upper level does not move and you have the same view throughout your meal. We were on the lower rotating level and during the 45 or so minutes we were there, I think we moved about 5 feet. The scenery was not much different...rocks and leaves.

17758512_1303979932970433_5705366058232906435_o.jpg

I haven't been for breakfast, but I have for dinner. I definitely did not get a cafeteria vibe from it. We were in a booth on the lower level and the changing views from the rotation were a great distraction for our toddler. We were there exactly 1 hr and we did a little more than one full rotation. What made the experience so special for us was the character interaction. We went to 5 different character meals this last trip and Garden Grill was by far the best. 3 of the 4 characters came by twice (Chip came once). The characters really spent a lot of time at the table and Pluto (DS2's fav) spent at least 10 mins playing with him the second time around. I'll see if I can attach some pics where you can see a little of our view throughout the meal. The lady in the blue shirt is an employee who came around to watch Pluto interacting with DS. We actually had several people coming over to watch and everyone was cracking up as Pluto and DS had their very own conversation through gestures.IMG_20180224_003216.jpg IMG_20180224_002815.jpg IMG_20180224_002853.jpg IMG_20180224_003024.jpg IMG_20180224_004421.jpgIMG_20180224_004341.jpg

Honestly you should give it a try. Breakfast was awesome! The food is so fresh and delicious, the fruit, cinamon bun, bacon, coffee, juice etc etc, all so very fresh. The characters are so cute....i love chip n' dale. You really cant lose here. You'll love it. I certainly didnt expect to like it as much as i did. Im so glad i finally tried this place after years of putting it off. :)

Check this out. This thread might help you: https://www.disboards.com/threads/why-all-the-love-for-the-garden-grill-breakfast.3666408/

Contrary to what Disney1975 posted, the upper level does move. I was seated up there in October, it turns too. The whole restaurant moves.

I also really enjoyed the meal. The whole family did. So much so that my sister booked it again for her next trip.

We loved gg!!! The service was excellent our waiter even chased us down as we left the restaurant to return my husband's hat left at the table! The food was excellent, hot, and fresh. The highlights for our five year olds were the fruit and chocolate nutella sauce. All the characters came around twice and were the best interactions we had in our week long visit. We did a Monday 8:45 reservation and it was less than half full when we were done we hoped in a 20 minute was it like for soaring since we F P FEE. Must have hit it right it was magical! Have Fun! Anothe Fun Tip Is At Every Table There Is A Street Lamp That The Wait Staff Use To Help Them Find The tables.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter