Garden Grill breakfast. Our first character meal and have questions!

japanese maple

DIS Veteran
Do they ever sit just two people in the booths on the bottom level or is it always table on upper level?

Does breakfast usually take a full rotation?

When characters come by, do you have to ask them to stop for a picture? If it's two of us, can we each take a picture with a character and then do a selfie with both of us in it with the character?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can get a booth with a party of 2.

Haven't had breakfast so not sure how long you'll be there.

They will always stop. Then you can speak to them and tell them you'd like a picture.

As for taking basically 3 pics per character I'd maybe pick and choose who will get what pic so you're not holding them up too long.
And they will most certainly make at least 2 rounds so maybe get one pic the first time and another pic the second time.

I've been just 1 at breakfast and seated in the booth area.

Yes, it is very possible to get a booth in the outer level. The characters will come by and are gracious, but do be quick with taking photos and such. They might even suggest photos by pantomiming holding a camera if you don't say anything. I've actually been at Garden Grill and the soem charactes have made the rounds more than once - this is likely if it's slow (I've usually done lunch not breakfast which may be busier).

Garden Grill is one of my favorite in-park restaurants, so enjoy!

Taking 3 pictures with each character is no problem if you are organized. Have your phone or camera out on the table. When you see the character at the next table, open up your camera app and be ready. Then 1 person/pose, switch places, 2nd person/pose, then the last photo taker comes right over and take the selfie. Truly no big deal. I've seen big families take SEVERAL poses with each character.

Those booths can side car table it where you can have a bigger party on one side then a small break and a smaller table. I have GG solo multiple times always been in a booth.

We've had breakfast and lunch there a few times, and it usually takes long enough that you see all the characters at least once, some a second time. We've always had plenty of time to take pictures in different combinations.

I had breakfast as a party of 2 and we had the private booth that doesn't face the front, the cast members there told us it takes 1 hour to do a full rotation.

I had breakfast as a party of 2 and we had the private booth that doesn't face the front, the cast members there told us it takes 1 hour to do a full rotation.

Yes, it is one hour for a full rotation and I find that typically a meal is right around that mark.

As a party of 2, we’ve both sat in a booth at the bottom and a table at the top. Our server volunteered to take pics for us, but ymmv. On our first dinner, we had the characters come by 3x and it was starting to get a little awkward. But last month when we were there, they only came by 2x and we were done in less than an hour.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest