Galaxy's Edge, will they really serve alcohol?

If anybody wants to be drunk at Disneyland, they will be, regardless of whether it's a dry park or not, especially since it's available right across the Esplanade in CA or DTD. Personally I think it's kind of silly to not allow table service wine and beer. I'd love to have a glass of wine with my romantic waterside table at Blue Bayou.

Why allow it in CA but not DL? I'm guessing the execs are starting to bow to the pressure of an enormous profit margin they're missing out on.

Hoping those of us who enjoy a responsible libation with our meals aren't penalized for the idiots who overindulge.

Being a WDW regular, I feel that I don't really have a say. I think if they propose to do it, and the Disneyland locals/regulars are really against it, the complaints could prevent them from doing it. Disneyland seems to listen to the regulars more than WDW. I don't mind alcohol at any of the WDW parks. Due to allergies, I tend to only drink cocktails anyway, so I don't drink at Magic Kingdom, except occasionally champagne. I haven't really felt the urge to drink at DLP, but we have only had 1 trip there. I definitely like a drink at Carthay Circle. So, having it at DCA and not DLP is a nice compromise.

Honestly, I hope not, there are enough drink people in DCA and at DTD and yes that sometimes even spills into Disneyland, but there are fewer there. Luckily, Disneyland isn't really setup to be able to get liquor licenses, it is why there were individual street numbers assigned in New Orleans Square, without that they couldn't have got a liquor license there. Not saying it is impossible, with enough money anything can be changed around, let's just hope this isn't one of the things Disney decides is worth changing.

Maybe they kept it away from me but I have never seen a belligerent drunk person at DCA, where alcohol is served. Park security is pretty good at probably funneling those people out. You can still have a family environment with some beer or wine.
Lucky you, I have seen plenty at DCA, including some minors, especially on Gradnites.

Lucky you, I have seen plenty at DCA, including some minors, especially on Gradnites.

Same. They’re everywhere. But maybe I notice them more because we tend to stay late. But I’ve seen them during the day too. Not fun standing in line having people spilling beer on you.

I hope things don't change. I may enjoy a glass of wine or a beer while in DCA but I love Disneyland the way it is. Maybe I am just not ready for more change, but I hope Disneyland stays as Walt intended in this regard.

I’d be ok with adding alcohol if the parks would eliminate the smoking areas. That’s more bothersome to me. Pick your poison, literally. Standing in line for the Chase Visa pics in DCA downwind from the smoking area is always just nasty. Other places as well. Feel bad for the kids who have to stay with their adults when there’s 20 smokers around them. Every single trip, I’ve told someone there’s no smoking outside of the nonsmoking areas.

We’ve luckily never encountered anyone out of control (visibly) at the parks (except idiot kids on gradnight).

However, i see DL adding booze before eliminating smoking, as they can make a profit from booze.

I’d be ok with adding alcohol if the parks would eliminate the smoking areas. That’s more bothersome to me. Pick your poison, literally. Standing in line for the Chase Visa pics in DCA downwind from the smoking area is always just nasty. Other places as well. Feel bad for the kids who have to stay with their adults when there’s 20 smokers around them. Every single trip, I’ve told someone there’s no smoking outside of the nonsmoking areas.

We’ve luckily never encountered anyone out of control (visibly) at the parks (except idiot kids on gradnight).

However, i see DL adding booze before eliminating smoking, as they can make a profit from booze.

I am with you on making the parks smoke free. Nonsmokers still can be bombarded with smoke. It does negatively affect the health of nonsmokers as well as smokers.

I would love for them to keep the alcohol out of DL. If someone is in Galaxy Edge and wants a drink, perhaps it will be enough of a craving for them to leave and go to DTD or DCA. This would open up a space for another person to go into that part of the park. Limited crowd control, so to speak.

I have no issues with it. I drink socially, but not at theme parks, too expensive and I'm already wore out physically by the end of the day, I don't need to add a full day of drinking to the mix. When I drink at Disneyland it's at Trader Sams before heading back to the room for the night. Those who want to drink will smuggle it in (it's not hard) or drink at DCA or DTD anyway and I've never had any issues with drunks at the parks, so I don't foresee any major problems. I look at it as a voluntary price increase I can easily avoid.

I must admit, when having dinner at the Blue Bayou, miss having a glass of wine or champagne if we are celebrating something.
They don't need to sell it out of a churro cart or something, but at the sit down restaurants why not? The world is a different place than/Disneyland is a different place than when Walt walked it....... sadly.

--Lori

Keep it out of Disneyland, please. First, I don't need anyone ralphing all over Space Mt or Indy or Star Tours....and I can see that happening. Second, with Autopia, do we need to get a breathalyzer test before you get on and start ramming the guys in front of you? I'd rather not.

Keep Disneyland sober.

I don't understand why people who do not drink care - you don't have to buy it if they sell it. I agree with others who say that at the price point Disney sets, someone getting drunk would have to spend a lot - some of us would like a glass of wine with our meal - not everyone wants to get loaded at a park but the option for full grown adults to buy a beer does not seem rediculous. Change tends to be a four letter word for many people though, but change is something that is always going to happen. And with Disney World opening the taps it's looking more like when and not if...

Keep it out of Disneyland, please. First, I don't need anyone ralphing all over Space Mt or Indy or Star Tours....and I can see that happening. Second, with Autopia, do we need to get a breathalyzer test before you get on and start ramming the guys in front of you? I'd rather not.

Keep Disneyland sober.

Really? I have visited Disneyland resort over 400 times. I have never witnessed anyone publicly throwing up or so drunk they were causing trouble. It's not a problem.

Really? I have visited Disneyland resort over 400 times. I have never witnessed anyone publicly throwing up or so drunk they were causing trouble. It's not a problem.
Neither have I. My visits total probably 50-75 with total days up there towards 150-200.

Anybody can get dunk at Disneyland now anytime they want. Like someone already said all they have to do is bring in a water bottle full of vodka or gin and they can get hammered for free, but I've never seen it and I've been 100s of times. I don't care if they choose to sell liquor to the general public. They have been selling it to rich people for years and years at Club 33 without issue.

Its really a non issue to me but how about they tear down the people mover tracks in Tomorrow Land and plant a tree or two. And change Soaring back to Soaring over California. Those are real issues to me. Drinking in the parks is not even in the top 20 for me.

I have seen it. Twice. Over at DCA. I can't tell you how much they drunk or their ability to hold their liquor. What I do know is that a gal, who was swinging pretty high with her crew of ladies, threw up on Soarin', so they had to take a train down while they cleaned it up. The other place I saw it was right outside Cove Bar where some dude was laughing in his drunken state and then bent over the edge and threw up in the water. Glad my kids got to see that.

I haven't been to DLR hundreds of times. But I've been there enough to see what happens when people drink too much. I just don't see a reason to introduce it more widely....except for Disney to cash in. I guess it'll be worth it if ticket prices can stay lower because of the profit margin Disney makes on alcohol, but we all know that's not going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter