FYI: Partners welcome at SOG

Etoile

Gallaudet University class of 2011
Hi everybody,

I am eligible to stay at Shades of Green, the Disney resort exclusively for military and DOD personnel. Today I called them up to ask if a domestic partner - a non-legal spouse - could stay in my room. She said yes!

Just thought I would share in case there are any other military/DOD people on this part of DIS. :)

Etoile said:
Hi everybody,

I am eligible to stay at Shades of Green, the Disney resort exclusively for military and DOD personnel. Today I called them up to ask if a domestic partner - a non-legal spouse - could stay in my room. She said yes!

Just thought I would share in case there are any other military/DOD people on this part of DIS. :)

:thumbsup2 Great news to share! I would like to add that as the eligible person, you are also allowed to reserve up to 3 rooms in your name, so you could take more family and friends with you...or at least that was the policy when I looked into SOG a couple years ago when I thought my dad (retired AF) would be going and we were looking for a great deal.

And a bit OT...but I love you avatar...I'm a sign language interpreter so it caught me eye. If I might ask, where did you find it? One of my favorite WDW shirts is "MICKEY" fingerspelled in Mickey hands...DH found it for me in the Emporium a couple years ago.

Thanks again for sharing the info!

cool. Do you need any documentation when you make the reservation, DD214, ID? Or a statement from your CO?

I think you just need to have your ID...but I'm not totally sure since I'm not the active duty or retired...my dad is. You can get lots of info from the SOG website.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

I hope this helps!

Etoile said:

According to this anyone authorized to stay at Shades of Green, may have one or more guests. I would be careful about defining a same sex person as a domestic partner on an SoG form, as that certainly qualifies as "telling" under Bill Clinton's "Don't Ask [unless you want to], Don't Tell [ever]." policy.

/carmi

momsgoofy said:
And a bit OT...but I love you avatar...I'm a sign language interpreter so it caught me eye. If I might ask, where did you find it? One of my favorite WDW shirts is "MICKEY" fingerspelled in Mickey hands...DH found it for me in the Emporium a couple years ago.
Cool, I'm an interpreter too! The avatar is actually a photo I took of a pin that I have. It's one of the "cast members only" pins that shows the CM is fluent in that language; it's available in a whole bunch of languages and the CM must pass a test to prove they are fluent. I got mine off eBay for $30...felt a bit steep but I just had to have that pin! ;)

momsgoofy said:
I think you just need to have your ID...but I'm not totally sure since I'm not the active duty or retired...my dad is. You can get lots of info from the SOG website.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

I hope this helps!

:thumbsup2 Thanks, I will look into it, I have a military ID and a DD214.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter