Fun things to do with preschoolers outside Disney World

Donna M

DIS Veteran
We have just made the decision to not enter the theme park on our trip because of the cost. It will be close to $600 with two kids and one adult ticket plus meals for the day, not worth it for them. We own DVC and are staying at OKW, so we still plan on a vacation. There are 2 families with kids, a 10 month old, 3, 4 and 5 year olds and will only have 3 full days. So far the plans are:
pools
playgrounds
Chef Mickey´s
Community Center
Surry Bikes
monorail
boat ride
Skyliner
What else?

What is out there off grounds and nearby? We will have cars.

Personally, I might ditch Chef Mickey's because that's going to be pretty pricey, too.

My kids always liked the pony rides at Ft Wilderness as preschoolers. Plus they can see the stables and learn about the horses. And the nighttime campfire is fun, too, especially if you do s'mores.

Check out the resort activities at the different resorts. Sometimes my kids have enjoyed them, like making tie dye Mickey shirts.

If the kids are into nature walks, the Tibet -Butler preserve is nearby and has trails.

Several years ago we stayed at Bonnet Creek for my husbands work convention. We only had a day and I decided to skip the park. I obviously didn't plan well because we had the same amount of money invested for our no Disney day. We did snag a discount for Sea World but half of attractions were closed so we left earlier than planned. We did the big wheel, go carts, and overpriced miniature golf. My only advice total everything you decide to do up. You may find you're very close to what a day at Disney costs.

Animal Kingdom Lodge- there are lots of activities in addition to the safaris and a great playground.

Head over to pop century (you will probably have to use Disney transportation to do this) and explore the giant Icons, playgrounds and take a ride on the Skyliner.

The boardwalk has entertainment of some kind most nights, jugglers, stilt walkers and carnival games.

Crayola Experience and Orlando Science Center have been top picks for my kids. We prefer to do something like this earlier this earlier in the day to allow time at the room before heading to dinner.

Crayola Experience and Orlando Science Center have been top picks for my kids. We prefer to do something like this earlier this earlier in the day to allow time at the room before heading to dinner.
We live an hour from Orlando and my ds LOVES Crayola. He asks us to go there all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter