Fun for all ages?

Happygoluckygal

Earning My Ears
I am so excited to plan my first trip to Disney World. I am in my 30's and am taking my niece who is 17 and my great niece who is 5. I know there are things that we will want to do that is not appropriate (too scary or she won't be big enough) for my great niece but there is just the three of us. I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to enjoy some of the rides with my niece but am not sure how to do them with my young g-niece along. Please help me know with any ideas. Also please share what rides will be fun for all three of us to share. What rides should be avoided with such a young one? Thank you for all your help. I am sure I am going to have tons of questions.

Hi Happy! One of the things I love most about WDW is that there are so many things that family members of all ages can do together (shows, parades, fireworks, ect.) Most of the rides are good for all ages too. Some 5 yr. olds are scared of the dark rides such as HM, but none of my 4 kids has ever really been scared of anything at Disney. She may not be tall enough, or may not want to do, the thrill rides. If you and your older niece want to do these you will have to do a baby swap thing or single rider. I personally would just skip most of those, saving them for another trip, but if you really want to do them I think these are your only options.

Let's see, most of the shows at MGM are all family friendly, star-tours may be too much, but you can baby-swap that, fantasyland at MK is all ok (minus Snow-White's Scary Adventure, we skipped that one) Adventure land is ok too...POTC isn't scary, except for the little waterfall at the start of the ride. We didn't do much in TL except for Buzz Lightyear, that was fun. AK is all ok except Dinosaur, my adventurious DD7 cried , and she likes all the other rides, her favorite was T T at MGM, so dinosaur is bad. Tough to be a bug might be too much as well. Epcot, well besides MS and Test Track...good luck keeping their attention...my kids hated EC. Hope this helps, I'll try to answer any questions you may have!

My 4yo did everything that he was tall enough (wasn't tall enough for Space Mt at MK, Mission to Space at Epcot, Rock N Roller Coaster at MGM, and Triceratops Spin at AK). He didn't want to reride Dinosaur or watch the 3D shows a second time, but wasn't traumatized by them. He did Splash Mt and Big Thunder Railroad lots of time, Tower or Terror 5 times, and Test Track several times. We started out with the smaller rides and then got more adventerous after seeing that he was fine on those. We'll go back when he's at least 44" (he was 42" when we were there) and then he can do Space Mt and Mission to Space.

Do the baby swap if there are rides that you and your niece want to ride that your GNiece isn't tall enough for.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter