• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From the Food and Wine Festival: Celery Root Bisque With Peppered Croutons

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
This was good good that my husband and I had it on two occasions. Yum! I can't wait to try it at home.

Celery Root Bisque With Peppered Croutons
YIELDS 4 TO 6 SERVINGS

6 TBSP Butter, unsalted
1 Lg Onion -- chopped
3 Celery stalk -- with leaves, sliced
2 1/4 lb Celery root -- peeled, coarsely chopped
2 med Russet potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
2 Lg Parsnip -- peeled, coarsely chopped
5 cup Chicken stock or canned broth
2 cup Grated Dubliner Cheese
1 Bay leaf
4 Thyme sprigs, fresh -- or
1TSP Thyme, dried -- crumbled
1/2 TSP Pepper, white
1/4 TSP Coriander seeds
2 cup Spinach leaves
1/2 cup Whipping cream
Peppered croutons-see recipe

Melt butter in heavy large non-aluminum pot over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until
slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add celery roots, potatoes and parsnips and sauté 5 minutes. Add 3 cups stock, bay leaf, thyme, white pepper and coriander. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover partially and simmer until vegetables are very soft, about 25 minutes. Discard bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Add spinach to soup and cook until just wilted, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.

Place soup in batches in processor. Return soup to pot. Add cream and remaining 2 cups stock and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add grated cheese stir until melted. Season with salt and white pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before continuing.)
Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with croutons and serve.

Peppered Croutons
Yields 4 to 6 servings

½ Loaf Day Old Bread
1 Stick Butter
1 TSP Salt
1 TSP Fresh Ground Pepper

Method - Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice bread and place in bowl. Melt butter and pour over bread, add salt and pepper. Toss well to coat bread. Place on sheet pan and bake in oven 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.

I've never seen Celery Root at the store. Do you know if they're talking about the actual root of the plant, or just the hub to which the stalks are attached? :confused: :confused:

d

It's not the thing that the stalks are attached to. I think it more of the rooty area. It is kind of bulb like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter