• New Brunswick

• Nova Scotia

• Prince Edward Island

• Yukon

• Northwest Territories/Nunavut

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
With Canada Day rapidly approaching, I was thinking it would be interesting to see just how much of our beautiful country is represented on the DIS. :)

Can we cover our country from coast to coast? Let's see....:)

canadianeh.gif

Hmm... so far I guess its just us Ontarians :p

Where's the rest of the country? Let's hear from you all.

I think we Ontarians have a very strong representation on these boards!:teeth: :sunny:

Where's everyone else from?;)

I thought I should post quickly as a Nova Scotian because there is a strong chance I will be transferred to Brampton in the near future!

I actually thought we had more Dis'ers from BC. Where are you guys?

I selected both Ontario and Saskatchewan - I presently live in Ontario but I will always consider Saskatchewan "home".

- Mike

Hmmm....I left the voting more than once option open? LOL....:)

I thought we had a DISer from the Yukon, and search was working this morning so I had a look. Petrogal is from the Yukon but hasn't posted in a while. I wonder if I should vote for her, in absentia/by proxy..whatever? What do you think? ;) :)

Mike - I'm another Saskatchewanian moved to Ontario. The old saying is true - you can take the boy out of the prairies but not the prairies out of the boy!

Was just back home with my kids (DS-8 and DD-6) - they were both born in Ontario. Son commented on how 'flat' Regina was as we flew in... he thought it looked uninteresting... I thought it looked just great!

Jeff

but the rain drove me crazy. I now live in sunny Brampton!:bounce:

Hi All:

I've from the Northwest Territories ( but originally from Manitoba) I have been in the NWT since 1986 though.

Cheers!:cool:

I'm the other NWT.

I actually checked 2 locations as well. Live in Calgary now, but grew up and spent 25 years in Inuvik, NWT, so consider that "home".

and i'm the lonely BC person :(
but i love rain.... since we have green grass all year round... lovely forests.. mountains.. ocean... anyway!

I didn't vote....but am a Ontarian......living in Georgia!
We come up to Toronto for a month each year, so count me in as a 1/12th Ontarian! :D
Looking forward to cruising UP 1-75/401 next week!

I am a native Saskatchewanean living in North Carolina. I always read this board, just to get a taste of home. There are not too many Canadians in NC, in my city anyway!

I am a recent Disney addict now that we can drive down.

I laugh when people here ask me if we are driving back to Saskatchewan for holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving and of course the "Fourth of July" long week-end).

I am up next week to see family.

Originally posted by princessmomma
I laugh when people here ask me if we are driving back to Saskatchewan for holidays (Christmas, Thanksgiving and of course the "Fourth of July" long week-end).
Next time they ask, make up a good 'its so cold' story.

My dad went to University at San Jose - always told people he and his buddies often had a long wait at the North Dakota border to catch a dog sled. They believed him.

They also had fun with someone who was planning a summer trip to Vancouver... 'Not *SUMMER* in Vancouver.. throught the mountains?!?!? Its just not safe - that's the worst time of year for Indian raids!'. She also believed it and was very close to cancelling her trip. I think they came clean - but she was probably still nervious heading up north to the wilderness!

Reminds me of a story that a friend who went to University in Tennessee used to tell...

He had driven his car down from Manitoba, and it still had a block heater cord on it. When the people from Tennessee would ask what the plug was for, he told them it was an electric car. I don't think he ever ran across anyone that didn't believe him!

I can also relate to the home for Christmas / Thanksgiving / etc comments. I went to University in the US, and believe me, Thanksgiving is the biggest holiday down there. People were aghast when I told them I wasn't going home for Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter