From Cruise Port back to MCO....Magical Express?

chasingthtdream08

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We are going on our honeymoon in Dec of 2018. First we are doing a 7-night cruise on Royal Carribbean. We are then following that up with a quick three-night stay at the Polynesian!

My question is, we've signed up for a cruise transportation package where they pick us up at MCO and take us to the cruise port and then when the cruise is done, we will get a shuttle ride back to MCO. I want to then hop on Magical Express to the Poly. With us not knowing an exact time of arrival (due to not knowing when exactly we will get off the ship) how would I set this up? Is this technically against the rules of Magical Express? We will have to carry I luggage on, I imagine.

Has anyone else done something similar to this?

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to pick an any old arrival flight that gets into MCO around when you think the cruise transportation will drop you off.

You should be able to pick an any old arrival flight that gets into MCO around when you think the cruise transportation will drop you off.

Yes that should work fine. There are plenty of people who hop off a flight and then go shopping, have a meal, lose their luggage, etc. Disney can't possibly be putting a timer on everyone based on Whalen their flight lands.

Magical Express doesn't care how or when you get to the airport. There is nothing "against the rules" with using them this way. Just give them a time (say 11 am) and don't worry about it. They only use this info for general planning purposes. You're not expected to be on a particular bus at a certain time.

And don't bother with trying to guess at a time and then find a flight that matches that time. Just call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and tell them what you're wanting to do. They'll set it up. It's not a big deal. The call will take 5 minutes.

Steve

And don't bother with trying to guess at a time and then find a flight that matches that time. Just call DME directly at 866 599-0951 and tell them what you're wanting to do. They'll set it up. It's not a big deal. The call will take 5 minutes.

Steve
This^. And have the reservation number for your resort stay ready at hand when you make the call.

You shouldn't need a "fake" flight. Last november, we stayed at the Hyatt in the airport the night before our boardwalk stay. I called to book magic express, and the CM didn't even want a time. He just told me to wait until after 7am to head down to the buses. You can tell the CM exactly what you are doing.

We had grabbed our suitcases the night before, and brought them with us to ME. That's fine too. They will put them under the bus.

hello
unless i misunderstand your plan you should be able to take a dcl transfer from the port direcly to the Poly

Did you pay for that transportation package? If so, you might be better off just booking private transfers. This way you can go straight from PC to the Poly, instead of going to back to MCO.

The cruise line transportation package, although not foolproof, is easier to coordinate with the ship schedule. That is, no friction with the transfer/transportation service if the ship is off schedule, like, not getting back to port on time.

The cruise line transportation package, although not foolproof, is easier to coordinate with the ship schedule. That is, no friction with the transfer/transportation service if the ship is off schedule, like, not getting back to port on time.

We used FL Tours and had absolutely no issues. Personally, I’d do that than having to go back to MCO and then to WDW. Thats such a waste of time, especially since he’s paying for it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter