• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends seeking travel friends thread!

I have not done Raglan yet, I'd really like to next time I go. Now BOG lunch I e done twice & loved it. I have the roasted pork with the veggies, it was so good.

Are you dressing up as a dapper?
I'm pretty excited for BOG, glad I was able to grab a reservation. :) And yep! I plan on dressing up for Dapper day!

We did the Boma dinner & the Boma breakfast the next day, we really liked both. I've done Kona once for dinner, I don't think I picked well there for my meal, but love the lapu lapu's. I've never done club level, but I dream about it! Have you done it before?

We were pixie dusted to club level at Yacht Club once. I am looking forward to trying it at AKL.

My favourite things at Kona are the sushi and the poke ahi.

I really loved WL, especially during December, it left me awe struck. The lobby is breath taking, and I liked how everything is just in 1 building. I'd totally love to stay there again, but my DH loves the Epcot resorts (though he's very open to Poly or GF due to the monorail). My WL trip was with my sister & my just turned 4yr old nephew at the time. We did 2 MK days, so the boat was very convenient, except when they'd send the little boats as you had to close up the stroller (no fun with napping toddler). I'm not sure how old your kids are, but that was the bummer. I really enjoyed the pool & he loved the slide. They've since added the splash area too I think.

If you want to check out the WL while at the Poly, get off the monorail at CR & take the boat to WL or the boat to WL from MK. We took the boat a couple time to CR & then headed onto the monorail as my nephew loves trains.

Now the Poly seems cool, and I get your worry with the construction! You spend so much on your trip that you really want it to be perfect & there's no controlling the construction. I'd like having the monorail, plus no closing strollers on there! Plus when you go so many things will be new, like Trader Sam's! Their drinks & souvenir cups look awesome. I think the volcano pool is all done now too, I think the quiet pool is what they're working on now or next.

You're going to have so much fun!!!
Thank you for the info! I like the idea of visiting WL while we are there to look around. It looks like such a beautiful resort in the photos. Being on the monorail was the reason we picked the poly in the end, since we will have the strollers. And Trader Sam's looks like so much fun can't wait to try it out!

Thank you for the info! I like the idea of visiting WL while we are there to look around. It looks like such a beautiful resort in the photos. Being on the monorail was the reason we picked the poly in the end, since we will have the strollers. And Trader Sam's looks like so much fun can't wait to try it out!

Yes go take a visit!

Haven't been on much this week, but I checked out the Disapalooza and I'm dying to go to that! I wonder if there are still tickets left? I mentioned it to my son and he's interested as well so if I come he'll be with me. He's a handsome 17yr old if any of you girls have any teen sisters, LOL! :tongue:

This is our first time to Europe so we are pretty excited. Disneyland Paris does have its own hotels, there are 6 and a campground. We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. I wanted the Disneyland Hotel but it was crazy expensive. The Sequoia reminds me of the Wilderness Lodge and looked nicer than some of the others. There are 2 parks a Disneyland and a Studios park. We are staying there for a few days, and then staying in Paris for a few days as well before moving to London. It is our 10th anniversary so we decided to do something big and I can't wait, I've always wanted to go to these places for as long as I can remember. Spain is another country I would like to explore too.

Hope you enjoy! We went to Paris in 2013 and took the train out to DLP for a day. It was cool, make sure you go under the castle, I think that was our favorite part!

Paris is amazing. We were there for a full week. I think I've seen every piece of fine art in the world! :) Taking a Seine cruise at night is a great activity, the Eiffel Tower is so beautiful at night.

Spain looks beautiful. I'd love to see the Alhambra Palace.

Hi everyone. This is such a great idea. I’d like to join in if it’s ok.

Here’s my intro:

A little bit about me: My name is Monet. I’m a 29 year old mother of 3 (DD3, DS5, DD7). I am a Registered Nurse, and a full time student. I’m the only person that I know in my real life who loves Disney. My husband goes on family trips because he knows how much I (and the kids) love it, but in reality he could take it or leave it. I don’t have a ton of friends because I am generally a shy person, but the ones I do have don’t care about Disney at all. I would really love to make a “Disney friend”. For my husband going once a year or once every other year with the kids is plenty. I think it would be fun to go in between my family trips as well.

Where/When I want to go: WDW is easiest for me since I live on the east coast. I have never been to Disneyland but I am dying to go though. I’d love to go to WDW this fall. As a thrill ride enthusiast, I really love Universal too. I’d like to do HHN, MNSHP, and Food and Wine. Disapalooza sounds like a blast too!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I prefer a moderate travel style.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Moderate, but I’ll spend the money for luxury every once in a while.

Planned or laid back trip: I prefer to plan my trips, but then I never really stick to the plan when I go with my family. I’ve never done a solo trip yet, I’m not sure how I would go about that.

Morning or night person: In real life I’m a night person. I worked the overnight shift for several years. I haven’t had a daily commitment (work or school) to be anywhere before 10am since my freshman year as an undergrad! But I love the low crowds during rope drop at Disney, and I can’t help but shake the feeling that if I’m sleeping I’m wasting time while I’m there.

Favorite parks: MK, AK, HS, EP in that order… but that doesn’t really mean anything because I love them all!

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Both. I love planning but I am a very “go with the flow” type of person.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: 1. Rides, 2. Food, 3. Shopping, 4. Tours, 5. Downtime, 6. Characters (That was kind of tough!)

What time of year do you most like to travel: Fall is my fav. Fairly low crowds, Halloween, food and wine… it’s great. Spring would be my next favorite because of the perfect weather.

I'm a nurse too, what kind of nursing do you do? Currently I'm doing transitional care with Medicare pts when they are dschg from the hospital. It's ok, but not my favorite, that was school nursing which I did for 6 years.

Right now I'm seriously trying to kick my butt to go back to school for my FNP. I've been talking about it for years, and now that I'm single again I think it'd be a great move to secure my financial future. Plus I want to get in on it before all of the master's degree programs are overrun by doctorates! :teacher:

Hope you enjoy! We went to Paris in 2013 and took the train out to DLP for a day. It was cool, make sure you go under the castle, I think that was our favorite part!

Paris is amazing. We were there for a full week. I think I've seen every piece of fine art in the world! :) Taking a Seine cruise at night is a great activity, the Eiffel Tower is so beautiful at night.

Thanks for the tips. Going under the castle is on our list. I'm getting more and more excited for our trip everyday! I just need to get through this school year first.

I fell walking up the steps of the Alhambra, I never got to go inside!! Sprained my ankle in Spain!

Last edited:
Wow! So glad I found this thread! I just randomly booked a solo trip at POP for Dec 15-21 ('free dining' suckered me in). First time during the holiday season for me.

Name: Maranda

Age/Kids/Job: 38, no kids (except for 2 furry ones: a cat named Harry and a beagle named Agnes), I'm a forensic biologist at a crime lab (think CSI)

Where/When I want to go: I want to travel everywhere...but I mostly travel to Orlando (it's been our family vacation destination since I was a kid) and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon. I am planning to go to Disneyland in 2020 since there will be a work conference in Anaheim.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I'm really flexible. I tend to get up early in the mornings, it is my favorite time of day. At this point I'm more of a leisurely Disney traveler, I've been so many times. But if you get up early you can hit everything fast, then leisurely do the parks the rest of the day.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): It depends who I travel with. I've only ever stayed at POR onsite but I'm used to staying in nice hotels or condos. And I can be a BIG spender on vacation. Way too big a spender. Trying to cut that back. And I booked POP for this trip. I would really like to stay at each of the hotels once.

Planned or laid back trip: I am definitely a planner as I like to have a general idea of where the day will go. But if someone suggests scrapping the plan for a better idea I'm usually in. Especially on vacation. There's nothing wrong with deciding to spend a day by the pool or reading a book in my opinion.

Morning or night person: I tend to get up early for work, so it is easy for me on vacation. But I like my sleep. So if I start staying up late then I easily become a night owl.

My favorite WDW parks are : AK and Epcot

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): If someone else actually makes plans I'm totally okay with that.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Downtime
4. Shopping
5. Tours
6. Characters
But they are all great!

What time of year do you most like to travel: I like to travel in February. It gives me a break from the nasty winter weather. I've also been in March and October. So excited to try December in the parks!!

Wow! So glad I found this thread! I just randomly booked a solo trip at POP for Dec 15-21 ('free dining' suckered me in). First time during the holiday season for me.

Name: Maranda

Age/Kids/Job: 38, no kids (except for 2 furry ones: a cat named Harry and a beagle named Agnes), I'm a forensic biologist at a crime lab (think CSI)

Where/When I want to go: I want to travel everywhere...but I mostly travel to Orlando (it's been our family vacation destination since I was a kid) and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon. I am planning to go to Disneyland in 2020 since there will be a work conference in Anaheim.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I'm really flexible. I tend to get up early in the mornings, it is my favorite time of day. At this point I'm more of a leisurely Disney traveler, I've been so many times. But if you get up early you can hit everything fast, then leisurely do the parks the rest of the day.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): It depends who I travel with. I've only ever stayed at POR onsite but I'm used to staying in nice hotels or condos. And I can be a BIG spender on vacation. Way too big a spender. Trying to cut that back. And I booked POP for this trip. I would really like to stay at each of the hotels once.

Planned or laid back trip: I am definitely a planner as I like to have a general idea of where the day will go. But if someone suggests scrapping the plan for a better idea I'm usually in. Especially on vacation. There's nothing wrong with deciding to spend a day by the pool or reading a book in my opinion.

Morning or night person: I tend to get up early for work, so it is easy for me on vacation. But I like my sleep. So if I start staying up late then I easily become a night owl.

My favorite WDW parks are : AK and Epcot

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): If someone else actually makes plans I'm totally okay with that.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Downtime
4. Shopping
5. Tours
6. Characters
But they are all great!

What time of year do you most like to travel: I like to travel in February. It gives me a break from the nasty winter weather. I've also been in March and October. So excited to try December in the parks!!

Hello Maranda!! You're not too far from me, I live in Toledo Ohio!

hi!!!

would love to meet others who love WDW. planning on moving to near Orlando - next month. my next planned trip to WDW is Dec.

hi!!!

would love to meet others who love WDW. planning on moving to near Orlando - next month. my next planned trip to WDW is Dec.

Hey! Funny...I also live in Birmingham and am planning to move to Orlando. Planning to do so next summer. I'm going to WDW in July, December and February. Haven't been since Dec 2013.

Hey! Funny...I also live in Birmingham and am planning to move to Orlando. Planning to do so next summer. I'm going to WDW in July, December and February. Haven't been since Dec 2013.
well over an hour away from WDW - closer to Orlando - but close enough to visit WDW often, yet far enough away to kept the madness at bay.

moving from Homewood to Tavares hopefully in the next month or two - my closing in June 1

i own DVC to go to WDW.

I just came across this thread and am glad I did. I haven't been to Disney for 2 years and would love to go, but sadly no one wants to go with me. My kids are 15 and 20 and are no longer interested (where did I go wrong)? Hubby says its not his thing, so for a couple years now (every other year) my sister who is a teacher has been meeting me in Orlando. We have typically traveled over labor day weekend, and stayed onsite. Her daughter had a baby a year ago, and now her vacation time has a new priority. :-( Now contemplating a solo trip but wonder how much fun it will be alone. I lived in No. California for 20 years and went to Disneyland annually, including a few solo trips. Since moving to the mid-west 17 years ago, and I have gone to Disney world, approx. 10 times and have stayed at the Poly, AKL Jambo and Kidani, AOA, POR, and OKW plus a few off-site locations. Love, staying on-site and my dream is to stay at GF.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I turn 58 this summer, so I'd say my pace is more moderate
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I love luxury, but am on a more moderate budget
Planned or laid back trip: I like having a general "touring" plan, including planned down time at the resort.
Morning or night person: I can do either but not both. Also must have latte in am or I cant function.
Favorite parks: Epcot and MK
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I like planning but can go with someone else's plan

Rides 1
Food 2
down time 3
tours 4
shopping (really browsing for me) 5
character experiences 6

To sum it up, my ideal trip involves staying on site, a day at each park, and one nice sit down meal a day.

To those of you traveling solo - when do you plan to go and what exactly is the Dapper Day???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter