• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Not WDW but my husband and I are going to Disneyland Paris in a little over a month!

Now that's exciting! I know nothing of Disneyland Paris, do they have their own Disney hotels? Where are you staying? Is there just 1 park? What else are you doing in France? My only Europe experience is Spain, loved it there.

Now that's exciting! I know nothing of Disneyland Paris, do they have their own Disney hotels? Where are you staying? Is there just 1 park? What else are you doing in France? My only Europe experience is Spain, loved it there.

This is our first time to Europe so we are pretty excited. Disneyland Paris does have its own hotels, there are 6 and a campground. We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. I wanted the Disneyland Hotel but it was crazy expensive. The Sequoia reminds me of the Wilderness Lodge and looked nicer than some of the others. There are 2 parks a Disneyland and a Studios park. We are staying there for a few days, and then staying in Paris for a few days as well before moving to London. It is our 10th anniversary so we decided to do something big and I can't wait, I've always wanted to go to these places for as long as I can remember. Spain is another country I would like to explore too.

This is our first time to Europe so we are pretty excited. Disneyland Paris does have its own hotels, there are 6 and a campground. We are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. I wanted the Disneyland Hotel but it was crazy expensive. The Sequoia reminds me of the Wilderness Lodge and looked nicer than some of the others. There are 2 parks a Disneyland and a Studios park. We are staying there for a few days, and then staying in Paris for a few days as well before moving to London. It is our 10th anniversary so we decided to do something big and I can't wait, I've always wanted to go to these places for as long as I can remember. Spain is another country I would like to explore too.

Very nice hotel, i just looked at pictures on disneys website. It reminds me of a modern wilderness lodge. You're going to London too? How cool! Sounds like lots of stamps in your passport!

Definitely you should come to Spain :sunny:

And you chose a very good hotel. I hope you like it!

Late September trip, 5 nights at the Beach Club followed by 3 nights Club Level at AKL. MNSSHP, and food and wine at Epcot.

Oh this sounds awesome! The Epcot area resorts are our favorites. YC is my fav, BC is DH's. Have you booked any ADRs or are you just eating at f&w booths? We did a pretty similar trip in October 2013, a wk at BC for f&w & mnsshp, and ended staying an extra night at the end at AKL as we had a rainy day so added on an extra night.

Officially booked my trip today!! September 26-October 4th!! :D

Yea! Where are you staying? What plans have you made?

Yea! Where are you staying? What plans have you made?
At All Star Movies:) Haven't planned too much yet, although already ore than I ever have. Finally trying a few Disney restaurants this trip though! :), I got reservations for Raglan Road. Also planning to go to Dapper Day on the 3rd! But that's as far as my planning has gone yet. Excited!! :)

Last edited:
Oh this sounds awesome! The Epcot area resorts are our favorites. YC is my fav, BC is DH's. Have you booked any ADRs or are you just eating at f&w booths? We did a pretty similar trip in October 2013, a wk at BC for f&w & mnsshp, and ended staying an extra night at the end at AKL as we had a rainy day so added on an extra night.

I am planning to do Boma, and mostly QS, FW and club level snacks. I tend to graze more than dine so that should work for me. Also planning to do a few sit at the bar meals if time permits. Kona Cafe is my favourite for that.

I am planning to do Boma, and mostly QS, FW and club level snacks. I tend to graze more than dine so that should work for me. Also planning to do a few sit at the bar meals if time permits. Kona Cafe is my favourite for that.

I love Boma, it is great for both breakfast and lunch!

I'm really missing WDW! Anyone have anything exciting scheduled that I can dream about?
I have a trip planned this summer with the family. We will be there for my birthday and I am really excited about that. Planning to try Hoop Dee Do for the first time this trip too!
At All Star Movies, Got a really good deal with the military discount. :) Haven't planned too much yet, although already ore than I ever have. Finally trying a few Disney restaurants this trip though! :), I got reservations for Raglan Road, and BOG for lunch. Also planning to go to Dapper Day on the 3rd! But that's as far as my planning has gone yet. Excited!! :)
Dapper day always sounds like soo much fun. I would love to be there for it at some point.

At All Star Movies, Got a really good deal with the military discount. :) Haven't planned too much yet, although already ore than I ever have. Finally trying a few Disney restaurants this trip though! :), I got reservations for Raglan Road, and BOG for lunch. Also planning to go to Dapper Day on the 3rd! But that's as far as my planning has gone yet. Excited!! :)

I have not done Raglan yet, I'd really like to next time I go. Now BOG lunch I e done twice & loved it. I have the roasted pork with the veggies, it was so good.

Are you dressing up as a dapper?

We did the Boma dinner & the Boma breakfast the next day, we really liked both. I've done Kona once for dinner, I don't think I picked well there for my meal, but love the lapu lapu's. I've never done club level, but I dream about it! Have you done it before?

I have a trip planned this summer with the family. We will be there for my birthday and I am really excited about that. Planning to try Hoop Dee Do for the first time this trip too!

Dapper day always sounds like soo much fun. I would love to be there for it at some point.

That sounds like the best way to spend your birthday!! I'd love to be in WDW on my actual birthday. Where are you staying? I haven't tried hoop dee do yet either, it always looks fun in other peoples trip reports!

Sure, why not? I see you used to be a cast member, that'll get you extra cool points :)

Thanks for including us!! It can be a little awkward for us disney guys in here! Ha! Glad I get cool points for being a previous cast member, runs in the family. Looking forward to my solo trip in June, still trying to decide on my hotel.

Thanks for including us!! It can be a little awkward for us disney guys in here! Ha! Glad I get cool points for being a previous cast member, runs in the family. Looking forward to my solo trip in June, still trying to decide on my hotel.

R u going to stay onsite?

That sounds like the best way to spend your birthday!! I'd love to be in WDW on my actual birthday. Where are you staying? I haven't tried hoop dee do yet either, it always looks fun in other peoples trip reports!
Yeah I thought so too. I am so excited to spend my birthday at my favorite place with my favorite people! We are staying at the Polynesian. I am kind of nervous about the construction, but I am hopeful that it will still be a good time. I have always wanted to stay there. I see in your signature you stayed at Wilderness Lodge... that was another resort that we considered. What did you think?

Yeah I thought so too. I am so excited to spend my birthday at my favorite place with my favorite people! We are staying at the Polynesian. I am kind of nervous about the construction, but I am hopeful that it will still be a good time. I have always wanted to stay there. I see in your signature you stayed at Wilderness Lodge... that was another resort that we considered. What did you think?

I really loved WL, especially during December, it left me awe struck. The lobby is breath taking, and I liked how everything is just in 1 building. I'd totally love to stay there again, but my DH loves the Epcot resorts (though he's very open to Poly or GF due to the monorail). My WL trip was with my sister & my just turned 4yr old nephew at the time. We did 2 MK days, so the boat was very convenient, except when they'd send the little boats as you had to close up the stroller (no fun with napping toddler). I'm not sure how old your kids are, but that was the bummer. I really enjoyed the pool & he loved the slide. They've since added the splash area too I think.

If you want to check out the WL while at the Poly, get off the monorail at CR & take the boat to WL or the boat to WL from MK. We took the boat a couple time to CR & then headed onto the monorail as my nephew loves trains.

Now the Poly seems cool, and I get your worry with the construction! You spend so much on your trip that you really want it to be perfect & there's no controlling the construction. I'd like having the monorail, plus no closing strollers on there! Plus when you go so many things will be new, like Trader Sam's! Their drinks & souvenir cups look awesome. I think the volcano pool is all done now too, I think the quiet pool is what they're working on now or next.

You're going to have so much fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter