Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's why I use a service instead of doing it myself. Let them deal with all of that. I don't have the time or the patience to do it.

We are planning to go Sept 16 -21 . What resorts are normally included in FD ? We stayed at POP last year but we have a much larger party size this year . (6 adults 3 kids )

Just my experience from booking FD last year. Prior to FD being released I would only sometimes have the change reservation option. Other times it gave me the number to call and change. When it finally went live it was giving me the prompt to call.

I've got a bounce back from last year and my only option is to call. Anything I do except adding fast pass is to call.

What resorts are normally included in FD ?

I'm definitely no expert but from the research I've done it doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to what resort is or isn't included in the FD plans. With that in mind, I made my resort reservations with the expectation that it (POR) would be included (assuming they do it in the fall at all, which I'm counting on) but told my agent I'm very flexible, too, in case that resort gets blocked out.

I'm definitely no expert but from the research I've done it doesn't seem like there's any rhyme or reason to what resort is or isn't included in the FD plans. With that in mind, I made my resort reservations with the expectation that it (POR) would be included (assuming they do it in the fall at all, which I'm counting on) but told my agent I'm very flexible, too, in case that resort gets blocked out.
I think normally POFQ and AoA the Little Mermaid suits are excluded, but then again depending on when you get in it seems like they only have limited amount of space, so when you call there may or may not be the hotel you wanted available.

I think normally POFQ and AoA the Little Mermaid suits are excluded, but then again depending on when you get in it seems like they only have limited amount of space, so when you call there may or may not be the hotel you wanted available.

POR is excluded sometimes, as well. I think last year it was FD eligible for some dates, but not others.

We are planning to go Sept 16 -21 . What resorts are normally included in FD ? We stayed at POP last year but we have a much larger party size this year . (6 adults 3 kids )

I booked a BB FD offer when I was there last fall and your September dates (and mine- we ended up booking a BB for July) were specifically excluded from FD. Everything after 9-10 was excluded from the BB FD dates. We never know what they will do with FD until they come out with it, but given the BB dates, it is possible if not likely that your dates will be excluded. Mid to late September has been so crowded over the past few years due to F&W and MNSSHP that Disney may not have to offer those dates to fill rooms.

I booked a BB FD offer when I was there last fall and your September dates (and mine- we ended up booking a BB for July) were specifically excluded from FD. Everything after 9-10 was excluded from the BB FD dates. We never know what they will do with FD until they come out with it, but given the BB dates, it is possible if not likely that your dates will be excluded. Mid to late September has been so crowded over the past few years due to F&W and MNSSHP that Disney may not have to offer those dates to fill rooms.
I think there is a post with last years dates, I think all of OCT was excluded, and yes your right, with F&W starting much earlier I think they will halt offering Free Dining early sept. I think the end of Aug is seeing a slow down so I think that is where the shift will happen.

Mid to late September has been so crowded over the past few years due to F&W and MNSSHP that Disney may not have to offer those dates to fill rooms.

Last year the FD discounted package dates (“Free Dining”) for general public were 9/23 through 12/21 (blacked out 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16). 8/1 through 11/5 offered 20%-30% off room-only rates for the general public (also bookable as package).

I was lucky enough to do the bounce back. The room discount does not come close to the 120 a day we save in the free dining plan. Its almost the cost of the room. Hmmm. I think it might be.

Last year the FD discounted package dates (“Free Dining”) for general public were 9/23 through 12/21 (blacked out 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16). 8/1 through 11/5 offered 20%-30% off room-only rates for the general public (also bookable as package).

All of September had free dining in 2016 (actually from 8/23-10/1). Food and Wine started 9/14.

September had free dining in 2016 (actually from 8/23-10/1).

9/23 - 10/1 is what I posted. And there's a big difference between "all of September" and something not starting until September 23rd. Basically your post was posted just to hear yourself talk.

POR is excluded sometimes, as well. I think last year it was FD eligible for some dates, but not others.

And only certain rooms. There were very few if any standard views available.

We have been using the bounce back the last few years and the dates seem pretty similar to the general public free dining.

We did not book for this coming fall on a BB as the arrival dates don't work with our work lives. We usually arrive mid to late Sept. We are flying down this year on the 28th of Sep.

And only certain rooms. There were very few if any standard views available.

We have been using the bounce back the last few years and the dates seem pretty similar to the general public free dining.

We did not book for this coming fall on a BB as the arrival dates don't work with our work lives. We usually arrive mid to late Sept. We are flying down this year on the 28th of Sep.
I think with most bounce backs they usually have you reserve preferred rooms. I was lucky and got a bounce back for PoP with a standard room. The year before we were forced to get a preferred but when we did our pre check in we asked for a standard because we wanted a specific spot and it was a standard room, so we took the downgrade but still paid for the preferred.

I think with most bounce backs they usually have you reserve preferred rooms. I was lucky and got a bounce back for PoP with a standard room. The year before we were forced to get a preferred but when we did our pre check in we asked for a standard because we wanted a specific spot and it was a standard room, so we took the downgrade but still paid for the preferred.

For of 2015 trip were able to book standard at POR via BB. For 2016 we had to choose Garden, Pool or Royal. We would of rather had standard so I tried when FD came out and could not get a standard then either. Ended up in Garden, with a very long walk to the drink machine lol!

9/23 - 10/1 is what I posted. And there's a big difference between "all of September" and something not starting until September 23rd. Basically your post was posted just to hear yourself talk.
Actually @Moliphino was right, 2016 free dining first available block of dates was 8/23 - 10/1 so all of September was included in it

I said 8/23, which is August. I was there with free dining from 9/10-18.

For of 2015 trip were able to book standard at POR via BB. For 2016 we had to choose Garden, Pool or Royal. We would of rather had standard so I tried when FD came out and could not get a standard then either. Ended up in Garden, with a very long walk to the drink machine lol!
PoP is an odd bird. You can get a standard on the opposite of the main pool. Just a few minutes walk to the front. Really just a few more steps actually. We def had the sweet spot. Close to the pool, the busses, and an awesome view of three different fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter