• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which dining plan is normally free with each different level of resort?

In 2014 is was like this:

Value = Quick Service
Moderate & Deluxe = Standard

You could upgrade to either Standard or Deluxe from any resort level for a fee.

POFQ and POR was excluded in 2014, however there were FD pins that included POR

Thanks. I remember waiting last year for the promo to come out but we ended up not going. I was excited for everyone else. Decisions, decisions, on where to stay. We will most likely go with AS Sports and the quick service plan. I am going soon, again in September, and then for a few days early December. I need to save some money. Oh well we will see.
Good Luck Everyone!!

We also already have our room booked. Staying at the beach club. We will be going regardless of discounts or free dining. Although I'm praying we get one or the other. Can't wait to hear what they are!! We have to save up the money for our trip. So booking it let's me know how much I have to save. I have to say I have never been so diligent in saving in my life. Lol

Anyone go solo during Free Dining? I don't know if the free dining would be worth it if it is just for one person and there is a room discount. I guess I will do the math when the promotions are released.

We're also already booked and going either way. The only way our dates will change is if the school schedule changes. I've not purchased our MNSSHP tickets yet just in case. However, if good enough discounts come out, we will change to a deluxe resort.

Thank you mandis77!!! Have never used the dining plan, and have never gotten free dining. But just in case that's the only option avail during our vacation dates, I want to be ready!!

What fee is it to upgrade from regular dining to deluxe dining?

Anyone go solo during Free Dining? I don't know if the free dining would be worth it if it is just for one person and there is a room discount. I guess I will do the math when the promotions are released.

Probably depends on resort tier and where you'd end up eating. FD would be more beneficial at a value for me, but it just depends how you'd eat.

Thank you mandis77!!! Have never used the dining plan, and have never gotten free dining. But just in case that's the only option avail during our vacation dates, I want to be ready!!

What fee is it to upgrade from regular dining to deluxe dining?

It's the difference in cost between the two plans. There is a sticky on this board with upgrade cost differences for each plan.

I'm based in the UK and have been emailing our travel agents for quotes for next year. The free dining offer got mentioned and she said that the offer dates are available from April 23rd along with some other promotions and that it's a very good time to book. Not sure how different it is between countries but sounds like all will be revealed soon

I'm based in the UK and have been emailing our travel agents for quotes for next year. The free dining offer got mentioned and she said that the offer dates are available from April 23rd along with some other promotions and that it's a very good time to book. Not sure how different it is between countries but sounds like all will be revealed soon

UK offers are super different. You guys also get 14 day tickets.

Your trips are more expensive so they tend to offer better deals.

I booked mine anyway as I have posted because I am going regardless. I WILL change my room type if a better one is offered for Fall or FD discounts. If none are offered I will keep it at Rack. So I guess I'm going to just have to be an irritant to some of you.:tongue:
If you look above, you are NOT the irritant. It's the people who book a room and will cancel their entire trip if free dining is not released.
I'll give my trip as an example. We have to go on certain dates and are not at all flexible. We have ALWAYS stayed at a value resort because, let's face it, Disney isn't cheap and without some type of promo not every family can do it. We are hoping to stay in a moderate resort this time around, but we can not afford it without a discount or free dining. The AOA little mermaid rooms are all booked up for our dates and I'm not thrilled about staying in any of the other value resorts. If no discounts are offered we will book a value. This puts me into a category of, I wouldn't choose this without a discount so I need to be fair to others and wait for the discount to come out and see if I can afford it.
Also to clarify, if I can get a little mermaid room, and FD is offered at a moderate I like, then I will change my resort too. The people who are the problem are the people who book ahead and fill up reservation spots and then cancel everything when FD doesn't come out like they'd planned. If you're going then great. Have fun and happy planning. Some of us need to secure a room so we can get our ADRs, etc.
We're all on the same team here so let's try not to offend each other. : )

Can you tell me as an annual passholder, will I be eligible for free dining if it's offered?
Free dining requires a package purchase including a room and tickets. You can purchase the minimum 2 day base ticket (for everyone in the room age 3+), and save the ticket for a future trip or to put towards your AP renewal when the time comes.

We have booked our trip and going either way. We really need a vacation! I'm on the fence about the MNSSHP. Anyone have a rough idea at how crowded the Sept dates tend to be for MNSSHP?

Last edited:
Some have mentioned that some resorts are already full during your stay...how can you tell?

We have booked our trip and going either way. We really need a vacation! I'm on the fence about the MNSSHP. Anyone have a rough idea at how crowded the Sept dates tend to be for that?
Have you checked the crowd calendar at easywdw for your dates? That should give you an idea. MK is usually less crowded during the day on party days.

Have you checked the crowd calendar at easywdw for your dates? That should give you an idea. MK is usually less crowded during the day on party days.
I've seen a crowd calendar for the days we are there, but not sure who posted it. I'll look at this site though too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter