• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining 2015?

James Thick

Iam that guy, you know who...
I got my Disney Visa bill and saw some charges that drew my attention and called Disney Visa to question them. Turns out they were from my wife's video game micro transactions, (!), but at the end of the call I got the standard. "Is there anything else I can help you with?", and I asked if there was any news on free dining at WDW offers for Disney Visa holders and the person I spoke with said they heard something might happen towards the end of this month.

Now I don't know how reliable this info is of course, but it does hold true to past offers being in late April/early May. Use this info at your own personal discretion.

Jimmy Thick- But I think I'll make a reservation just in case...

I'm hoping for some early december discounts, right now my trip is booked at room rack rate so any discount would be welcome.

I'm hoping for some early december discounts, right now my trip is booked at room rack rate so any discount would be welcome.

Remember, on free dining offers, Art of Animation and Port Orleans French Quarter are almost always excluded, so if you have reservations at those resorts you might have to change resorts to get free dining. For some reason I think Bay Lake Tower was included as well, but my memory is almost completely shot in my old age. :headache:

Jimmy Thick- Hope you have a great trip!!!

Remember, on free dining offers, Art of Animation and Port Orleans French Quarter are almost always excluded, so if you have reservations at those resorts you might have to change resorts to get free dining. For some reason I think Bay Lake Tower was included as well, but my memory is almost completely shot in my old age. :headache:

We are booked at CBR for this very reason. THanks.

We are watching for free dining as well. We are wanting around the 16th or 17th of December. When we went December of 2011 we had free dining~hoping for it again.

Does anyone know if you are eligible for free dining if you are an annual passholder?

Does anyone know if you are eligible for free dining if you are an annual passholder?

Yes but you still have to buy the 2 day ticket that is required. We just hold ours and use it towards our next renewal.

Disney uses free dining to fill rooms. When guests book rooms in hopes of free dining Disney doesn't need to offer the discount as much because to them the rooms are already booked. I book my room AFTER a discount has been announced.

Could someone please explain to me how Disney Visa cardholders are notified of the free dining offer? I was hoping to apply for the card to be able to take advantage of the offer before the general public.

Usually it's just the Little Mermaid rooms that are excluded from the free dining promo at AoA. We had free dining this past September and stayed in the Cars Suites. You are correct about POFQ though :-)

My travel agent told me that if a hotel doesn't get Free Dining when the offer comes (like POFQ), they usually get at least a room discount. Can anyone verify an experience with this in the past?

Could someone please explain to me how Disney Visa cardholders are notified of the free dining offer? I was hoping to apply for the card to be able to take advantage of the offer before the general public.

Last year they did send an email, granted I received it after lunch on the day of release.....You will hear about it here well before you get anything from Visa :)

Yeesh we're booked for riverside but since we will be there 10 nights i am willing to change hotels if i can get free dining

My travel agent told me that if a hotel doesn't get Free Dining when the offer comes (like POFQ), they usually get at least a room discount. Can anyone verify an experience with this in the past?

Yes and no. POFQ is often excluded or gets a small (5%) discount t with room only deals. POR was excluded from free dining and received the normal room only discount rate.

Not a lot is excluded from free dining and several things won't be in the room discount either - campsites, 3 bedroom grand villas, little mermaid rooms...

I had asked about free dinning when I called the other day...she said May is usually when they announce..most likely *fingers crossed*

I have a feeling we won't be seeing any Free Dining this year.

Hard to tell...I still think bookings are fairly light...but profits are off charts...

If they don't feel like perks anymore...it could be just their perogative. The price increase over ten years glosses over most warts at wdw - unles you bother to look for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter