Free Dining 2008 Watch

Got an email from my DU agent. Free dining for my Grand Gathering group! YAY!

5 adults, 2 juniors, 2 children
3 rooms at Pop
9/06-9/13
7 day hoppers
Total=$4765.76 But this includes a Fireworks Cruise Grand Gathering event.

Yes the Music suites are eligible for free dining, I booked a friend online this morning. There are still some days available, but none available from 09/27-09/01, Iguess because it is the holiday weekend. If you can change your dates, you may be able to get it still.:surfweb:

Got an email from my DU agent. Free dining for my Grand Gathering group! YAY!

5 adults, 2 juniors, 2 children
3 rooms at Pop
9/06-9/13
7 day hoppers
Total=$4765.76 But this includes a Fireworks Cruise Grand Gathering event.

How long did it take you to receive your quote from DU? I sent my request for a quote in on Monday and didn't get it until TODAY (Thursday). I wanted to book on Tuesday. Thought I would get a quote within 24 hrs. I went with my TA at SWV instead. I emailed her directly on Tuesday and she responded right back. I gave her a workout that day but she was AWESOME about it.

How long did it take you to receive your quote from DU? I sent my request for a quote in on Monday and didn't get it until TODAY (Thursday). I wanted to book on Tuesday. Thought I would get a quote within 24 hrs. I went with my TA at SWV instead. I emailed her directly on Tuesday and she responded right back. I gave her a workout that day but she was AWESOME about it.

She couldn't give you a quote until today for free dining, unless you are a Disney Visa card member that it was available on Monday. Today it opened for the public.

She couldn't give you a quote until today for free dining, unless you are a Disney Visa card member that it was available on Monday. Today it opened for the public.

Hmm...I used the online questionnaire. They should have had a place on it that ASKED if I were a DV holder. Then maybe I would have received my quote quicker. Oh well. Their loss....this time. I still want to give them a try in the future.

Hmm...I used the online questionnaire. They should have had a place on it that ASKED if I were a DV holder. Then maybe I would have received my quote quicker. Oh well. Their loss....this time. I still want to give them a try in the future.

I am happy you got what you wanted. Thats what's important;) That , all of we Disers get what we want and when we want it!:cool1:

I agree, they should have asked on the questionaire. They do work great handling business, Last year I used them for my vacation at AKL, and they took care of all dining and everything. But today when DU gave me the quote, They were not able to get me what I wanted, just my 4th choice of resort, I am soooooo glad I went online and booked earlier, 9:00am, and the quote was received at 12:30, late. It took me less than 5 mins and I got almost what I wanted, the only thing is that I wanted a preferred room and got a standard, so no biggie there. It worked out for me...:banana:

I called first thing this am. Had wonderful CM -Cavatina. Not only did she modify my existing ressie, she did my cousins while I was on the phone:goodvibes ! I am so glad that this is done. Life is Good:cool1: . Booked for standard at POP for 10 nights 9/18/08 thru 9/28. Can't thank my DIS friend enough. I love our cult here on-line. Now I have my cousin addicted:rotfl2: .

Ask as soon as you are checking in for a free upgrade, I innocently asked "IS there any possibility for a free upgrade" Be VERY nice to the CM, more likely if there is availability they will give you an upgrade. I got a savannah view at the Uzima Savannah. Which is not as good as the Arusha view, but you are closer to the pool, so yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhh:yay: :banana:

Just ask. you won't lose anything by just asking.:wizard: May the Magic be with you.:rotfl:

The CM I spoke with today told me to keep checking back closer to the time I check in...I would really like a room close to the Savannah or something lol. I definitely will ask on check in if I don't get it! Thank you! And it always helps to be nice to the CM (I've worked in hotels since I was very young lol and I always gave more to the people who were nice and didn't complain!):cool1: :cheer2:

I already had the existing reservations, made about 2 weeks ago for 2 of the families, and then added one person last week. Our existing reservations already included 7 day hoppers and the dining plan, so they just needed to be changed into the FREE dining. Our ADRs were made last week, also. I just told my agent what I wanted and she got them all. She also booked 2 Grand Gathering events for us. I loved not having to do anything today except wait for her email that all was done!! I always request the same agent, Carole Annette Fila. I've used her several times! She's great and though we've never met in person, she's become a friend, too!!!:)

Wasn't able to call until 6:00pm. Got the nicest CM on the phone - Madison. Unfortunately our 1st 2 choices were gone :sad1: (Pop and Movies). Only values available were Music, standard and Sports, preferred. Gave DS9 the choice and he picked Music because we stayed in Sports 2 years ago. I know we'll have a blast at Music:banana: , was just hoping for Pop cause it's the only value I've never been to. Ironically, I had a room already at Pop but had to change dates a bit for the free dining. Couldv'e kept 'em, but who can pass up free food.popcorn::

So, Music it is, from 8/24-8/31 with room only on 8/23. See you there!:yay:

I called 7:00AM MST and got two reservations at Pop...8/29-9/1 and 9/6-9/11...with free dining! I am so happy...

. . .

I was thinking of going to Kennedy Space Center on 9/27, so I'm not sure of that day yet. Thanks to all who recommended that I call again!

I would HIGHLY recommend a stop at Kennedy Space Center. We never go to Disney without dedicating a day to KSC!

We booked Pop Century Sept 20-26 for our 15th wedding anniversary! :yay: :yay: We did decide to upgrade to the DDP. :rolleyes: This will be our third year in a row with free dining only this time we are going without the kids. I might have problems with that - I hope I don't feel guilty and think about how much fun they would be having if they were there. :guilty: But this is our anniversary and we did honeymoon at WDW 15 years ago.

Now to just figure out our ADRs and get those made tomorrow! Just wanted to share my excitement! :goodvibes

Ann Marie

We are going too, for our 10 yr anniversary but to POR. I really don't feel too guilty as we took them last year and are going to take them next year too. Just think of all the fun you will have. We are doing MNSSHP and Pleasure Island and Disney Quest (as they are too little for that one). All the things we couldn't do with them in tow last year, like staying up late, having some drinks at the pool bar etc. Happy Anniversary !
:love:

Going to POR 09/17-09/24. Wondering if anyone else has tried Teppo Edo? I wanted to book Biergarten but the Dining CM talked me into Teppo Edo and now I am not sure??? Anyone done either?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter