Free Covid Home Test program resuming Monday

Did you check first to see if the date had been extended. I've had tests that were extended more than a year beyond the original expiration date.

Just so people aren't throwing away things unnecessarily make sure first to see if it was on the extension lists.
This is probably a personal decision. I'm ok with extending a few months. But trying to sell me on extending the expiration by a year? I'm not likely buying that. I'll purchase new tests with valid dates far into the future.

This is probably a personal decision. I'm ok with extending a few months. But trying to sell me on extending the expiration by a year? I'm not likely buying that. I'll purchase new tests with valid dates far into the future.
Agreed-but more below.

Whether the test is not advised to be used because it's past the date without an extension being sent by the Federal government is what I was speaking to.

Toss or don't toss but I think context for other people would be helpful here so they aren't just throwing away tests without checking the extension first. And it would be a shame if people didn't order tests because of a comment but then they got something completely different than the PP.

As a random example I'm looking at the brand I currently have which is FlowFlex and while mine is far out enough (it was just purchased in April) looking at the list its shelf life is 24 months (originally 12 months so it would seem based on the list of extensions). Last extension on FlowFlex looks like ones originally expiring March 2023 was updated to March 2024. Personal decision if you want to use that but remember these tests are constantly retested to ensure accuracy and the initial shelf life.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest