• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP issue 2 trips in 2 months

milena2008

Earning My Ears
We have a trip from Jan 1st to Jan 8th next year. I want to purchase a 7 days ticket per person and upgrade to DVC gold AP on Jan 2nd at the end of the day. We have another trip a few weeks later, Feb 28th to March 7th. Anyone can help me to figure how I can book FP at 60 days for the second trip?
Thanks!

If I pre-purchase the AP, I will have to buy the Platinum instead of the Gold, Jan 1st and 2nd are black-out dated.

- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater. Multiple trips within a short period can confuse MDX and result in unpredictable FP booking behavior.

No way to do it unless you buy an additional ticket to be used for FPs and then save for another year to be used for an upgrade.

Or, as you said, you’d have to upgrade to the platinum AP so you can book them all

Thank you all for the replies.
With an AP, has anyone been able to book more than 7 days of FP when the 60 days open for the second trip, before the first begin?

Thank you all for the replies.
With an AP, has anyone been able to book more than 7 days of FP when the 60 days open for the second trip, before the first begin?
It never works for me. I'm sure that I could call and get a workaround, but my solution has been to not get fastpasses on my EPCOT days since with the tier system in place I really only lose one fastpass on those days. DH qualifies for a DAS pass, so we just use that.

Also, I though that you can only make FP for 7 days with AP??
It depends on whether you are staying onsite or not. A single day of FP that is not associated with an onsite stay will trigger the 7-day limit (that includes any non-Disney owned resorts, such as the Disney Springs resorts. Some get the 60-day FP benefit, but are not considered onsite and do trigger the 7-day limit).

It depends on whether you are staying onsite or not. A single day of FP that is not associated with an onsite stay will trigger the 7-day limit (that includes any non-Disney owned resorts, such as the Disney Springs resorts. Some get the 60-day FP benefit, but are not considered onsite and do trigger the 7-day limit).
We are staying onsite for both trips, DVC resorts.

I had an 11 day trip in mid December and another 11 day stay mid January, both stays at Pop Century. I did not have any issues booking FP for both stays. I have a platinum AP with an expiration date between the two trips. I had purchased a renewal voucher through AAA and had it linked to my MDE account, but it was not activated until the December trip.

Some background:
There was a period of time where some of us had problems getting our FP window to open when it was a second onsite trip within 60-days, with all onsite trips. This happened when they hard closed the rolling FP window and affected *all* media types (APs and regular tickets). It wasn’t an AP issue. It was escalated and fixed. I had that issue happen and I can happily report that it is fixed.

Current Situation:

Since it was fixed, I have made FPs for multiple onsite trips within 60 days, without any problems. The only problem comes in for APs when you make FPs on one or more days *not* associated with a Disney-owned resort stay (such as Disney Springs hotels). Since you are staying at a DVC, you will have length-of-stay FP benefits with your AP for all your trips. HTH!

If you are planning to use the ticket on Jan 1 I'm pretty sure you will not be able to use it to upgrade to the gold pass because of the blackout dates. I think that you would have to do the platinum.

Thanks everyone!
My best is probably to buy the Platinum AP, but the price is so high, 200$ more than the Gold, so 800$ for the 4 of us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter