Fort Wilderness Cabins Cannot Stave Off Slow March 2024 Direct Sales

IIRC someone posted a link to the cabin builders website and they said they would completely replace all cabins in 365 days.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ilderness-cabins-disney-vacation-florida.html

This isn't the website I remember seeing, but it also refers to the 365 days.

They are being replaced rapidly by new cabins that still have the rustic Fort Wilderness finishes — but less environmental impact and more creature comforts, like a basin cabinet and full kitchen. In fact, the goal is to build 365 of the new cabins in 365 days.

I could see wanting to flex into a cabin at some point, but they are so specific I definitely wouldn't want to own there even if the dues were more reasonable, and I'm not sure many people will want to commit to staying there for 50 years.

Maybe that's the plan with the trust. Throw a few unique DVC properties with single room types like the cabins, etc in together and sell points that you can use at any before the 7 month. That's the only way I really see them ever selling out of these without a major price drop

IIRC someone posted a link to the cabin builders website and they said they would completely replace all cabins in 365 days.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ilderness-cabins-disney-vacation-florida.html

This isn't the website I remember seeing, but it also refers to the 365 days.

They've been working on the 2 cabins in loop 100 for nearly a month already and they're still not done.

Maybe they changed the strategy since the original 18 month+/- build/replace schedule sounded too long.

But hey the DVC Disnoids who planned the project management schedule for this build out are much smarter than me so .... :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

I really don’t understand the strategy with the Cabins. I suppose there are some families into that style of vacation, but I don’t see it as popular, especially not at the price per point and due structure they have.

Overall, chalk it up to the middle class squeeze happening right now. Not enough extra dollars to throw at expensive time shares. I suspect direct and resale prices will only be coming down for the foreseeable future.
I agree. Not to turn this into personal finance/economics discussion, but I literally just got my homeowner’s insurance renewal and it’s a +38% jump. Nationwide average is +44%, or otherwise known as “3% inflation.” And I live in a landlocked Midwest state…this is permanent crowding out of the monthly budget for the masses.

Anyway, dues will only go up, which means prices have to come down. Some of the hotel vacation package incentives Disney is throwing out makes long term dues compounding + initial buy in sunk lost opportunity costs less and less appealing.

That is unless resale/direct prices come down, which they will.

Don’t know where to put this lol but DisneyFoodBlog just posted a walk through an actual Cabin if anyone wants to see it “in person”

Also, they noted that there are 2 toilets in each cabin which I didn’t realize before and that’s certainly better than I originally thought
ETA: there isn’t 2 toilets, the statement was corrected by DFB, sad.

Last edited:
Also, they noted that there are 2 toilets in each cabin which I didn’t realize before and that’s certainly better than I originally thought
I wonder where the second one is? I don't see a place for it in the bathroom area.

Edited to add - I don’t see it on the floor plan, either, so there might be a misunderstanding somewhere. https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/ft-...ll-floorplan-revealed-for-ft-wilderness-cabin. Or maybe they meant to say two bathroom sinks?

Last edited:

I wonder where the second one is? I don't see a place for it in the bathroom area.

Edited to add - I don’t see it on the floor plan, either, so there might be a misunderstanding somewhere. https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/ft-...ll-floorplan-revealed-for-ft-wilderness-cabin. Or maybe they meant to say two bathroom sinks?
Yeah I think you’re right. I just read some comments seems like they misspoke and corrected the statement. Sad. They have 2 sinks, not toilets.

Are you really going to need to own here to stay here? I was dreaming of bringing my dog in the next couple years but availability at 7 months for a full week is looking rough....

Are you really going to need to own here to stay here? I was dreaming of bringing my dog in the next couple years but availability at 7 months for a full week is looking rough....
I’d say the first few years is when most are excited to try them and it will book up quickly. We won’t really know what the general 7mo trend looks like until that early hype dies down. And currently 7mos out is sitting at peak season for the cabins and Fort Wilderness in general, so those few months from Sept-Dec will likely always be a bit more difficult at 7mo. I think it will have decent availability for most of the year outside of those few months though. But we’ll see in a few months/years how that settles.

I’d say the first few years is when most are excited to try them and it will book up quickly. We won’t really know what the general 7mo trend looks like until that early hype dies down. And currently 7mos out is sitting at peak season for the cabins and Fort Wilderness in general, so those few months from Sept-Dec will likely always be a bit more difficult at 7mo. I think it will have decent availability for most of the year outside of those few months though. But we’ll see in a few months/years how that settles.
We'd be looking at January/February, so hopefully that will be a slower time period! I'll be keeping my eye on it as it gets to the 7 month booking period for 2025.

Don’t know where to put this lol but DisneyFoodBlog just posted a walk through an actual Cabin if anyone wants to see it “in person”

Thanks for sharing. My kids would adore this. It looks sharper (better) in person than I expected. Really want a W/D though.

Thanks for sharing. My kids would adore this. It looks sharper (better) in person than I expected. Really want a W/D though.
Yeah I agree, and though I understand why people are upset with the loss of the log cabin type feel they had, these new ones suit a newer generation. I think they still have a lot of cute kitschy details that adds some nostalgia and charm. I hope they’ll be a sleeper hit as people get to stay in them and more photos and videos are posted.

And I definitely agree about the W/D. I think they’re going to hear a lot of feedback about that and maybe that’ll push DVD to add them. Can’t imagine it would be all that hard to implement them even outside of a refurbishment cycle. That would do a lot to increase their usability and appeal.

Yeah I agree, and though I understand why people are upset with the loss of the log cabin type feel they had, these new ones suit a newer generation. I think they still have a lot of cute kitschy details that adds some nostalgia and charm. I hope they’ll be a sleeper hit as people get to stay in them and more photos and videos are posted.

And I definitely agree about the W/D. I think they’re going to hear a lot of feedback about that and maybe that’ll push DVD to add them. Can’t imagine it would be all that hard to implement them even outside of a refurbishment cycle. That would do a lot to increase their usability and appeal.
They usually live in a closet anyway, make a camping themed cabinet and stick it inside. Even just a washer and drying line would work for me.

Edited to acknowledge @CastAStone is right and completely forgot that plumbing is required. 🙈 Still seems like you could pipe it from the side of the cabin?

Adding a drain for the washer isn’t trivial, especially with the prefab on slab format. I don’t anticipate that ever happening.

Adding a drain for the washer isn’t trivial, especially with the prefab on slab format. I don’t anticipate that ever happening.
Alright so maybe they can add them during the refurbishment cycle when they can commit to a bit more work. I think it would be worth their time…then again, they would have already added them if they thought it was worth their time. Guess we’ll just have to see what they do if enough people complain about it.

They usually live in a closet anyway, make a camping themed cabinet and stick it inside. Even just a washer and drying line would work for me.

Edited to acknowledge @CastAStone is right and completely forgot that plumbing is required. 🙈 Still seems like you could pipe it from the side of the cabin?
You’d have to. Getting water in would be easier than getting water out. I’ve never seen a stacked washer dryer with the washer on top but that would be ideal here; otherwise i imagine you would need a pump as well.

It’s certainly not impossible, I just don’t see it as likely, at least not until they wholesale replace the buildings circa 2049.

Anyone at Disney with any background knows Disney has said PVB (single room type) was a mistake never to be repeated. I have a hard time believing DVD authorized CFW unless it's planned to be part of Reflections 2.0. If/when the eventually add Reflections 2.0 to CFW, dues should come down.

My thought is they annouce Reflections 2.0 at the member meeting in December. They can't wait 10 years like they did to fix PVB's single room type mistake.
There are 2 room types at PVB. Granted 99% of the total DVC membership cannot stay at the second one for more than a day or two, some even banking and borrowing. The Bungalows are a 2 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter