Fort Wilderness Cabin?

tinkerbee

"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And
Has anyone ever stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins? I can't find much info on this resort. We might have to change our reservations and came upon this place. I never really thought about it but we have 5 people going and the cabins sound nice. I would also like to find some pictures of the cabins but Deb Wills doesn't show much. Thanks.

Here are some great pictures that I came across.

FT Wilderness Cabins

They are really nice and when I went to look at them to see if we would like them, I really did and I am not a camping type of person.

biggthumpup.gif
Tinkerbee,
We stayed there last year for seven nights and really enjoyed our peaceful, quiet "home" after a day in the parks. Having the full kitchen was great...we'd eat breakfast in the cabin, have lunch in the park, then go back for an afternoon break and eat dinner in the cabin before heading back out again. The Mousekeepers come and clean the cabin everyday (and will even run your dirty dishes in the dishwasher), but we only had them come every other day. Even still, they always left fresh towels for us on our doorstep. We took our then 2.5 yr. old to the petting zoo and pony ride, but never made it to the Campfire Movie as it was always too late for us. We rented a golf cart and had fun driving around the entire resort area checking things out. We took the boat to MK but drove our rental car to the other parks for convenience. Hope that helps a little!
butterfly.gif

Thanks I'm feeling alittle better about this. We were going to stay at OKW but things seem to be changing again!!(was BWV). But this way we are getting to stay an extra night. It does look nice and there seems to be so much to do there. I think the children will really like it.

my family loves the fw cabins. i'm now almost 25 and the youngest, but we still make a trip every year and stay in a cabin. we stayed there when my 2 brothers and i were small. we had so much fun. we had our own little room in the back to hang out in. the campfire, petting zoo, and movie showings were great. we also loved the riding around in the golf cart. i guess we still stay there b/c we had so much fun 20 years ago and having the kitchen is great. it is also very quiet. i definitely recommend staying there especially if it gives you an extra night. have a great time!
-jessica

Just wondering, Hessie628, when your family goes now, who sleeps where? I'm wondering if my DSs will feel "cramped" now sleeping in the bunk beds. We took them when they were little and much shorter. This June, we're going to stay there again for a "nostalgia" weekend. Only concern I have is that now they're considerably taller than they were last time they were there-DS #1 is over 6'3", DS #2 is about 5'10". I remember the first time there, DS #2 barely made the minimum height for BTMRR! So how tall are you all? Any trouble in the beds in the BR?

simba's mom--

my brothers are only 5'9. one slept in the bunk and the other (who paid for the trip) claimed the queen/double (i don't remember what size it was) bed. i thought since i was the girl i would have been given the bed, but i did not pay for the cabin and i am only 4'11. i'm not the best judge b/c i had a ton of room. however, my brother who slept in the bunk did not complain about it being too small, but he can sleep anywhere. i wish i could be of more help. you might want to call and ask for the actual size. whatever you decide- have fun!
-jessica

I thought the bottom bunk seemed really small. Not the bed length, but the room below the upper bunk. I couldn't really sit up on the bed. I'm 5'6" longish torso. I would have been fine sleeping there, but it could be awkward if you are really tall.

Simba's mom, how many people do you have?

We just have the 4 people, Mom, Dad, and 2 DSs. And we're only staying there for 2 nights, so I suppose I could be persuaded to give up sleeping with DH and sleep in the bunk since I'm the smallest (I mean, least large). Any suggestions for sleeping arrangements?

4 people - largest DS on the double bed in the bedroom, other DS on bunks, top or bottom. Mom & Dad on the murphy bed in the living room.

Or if the kids are night owls, let them share the double in the living room. although I hear teen boys don't like to share beds, LOL!

Would that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter