Fort Lauderdale Flight Times

It is strange the earliest recommended departure time from FLL is listed for 11:00am with about a 10-15 minute drive but the earliest recommended departure time for MCO from Port Canaveral is 11:15 am with about a 50-60 minute bus ride!
It also may have to do with what time the ship is scheduled to pull into the port, get cleared by customs, start disembarking, etc.

You may be rushed - it is always a possibility. If you don’t check bags in the plane or have Pre-chek, that would make a significant impact in timing. And loading onto a DCL bus.

If you don’t Need DCL transport, rideshare should cut down checking your watch repeatedly.

But, bottom-line, I feel comfortable if I follow the DCL guidelines for earliest flight time.

We fly Delta to FLL and find it to be a nice, navigable terminal. No long runs to get to a far gate. And it’s just been remodeled.

You may be rushed - it is always a possibility. If you don’t check bags in the plane or have Pre-chek, that would make a significant impact in timing. And loading onto a DCL bus.
I say this all the time. NEXUS is one of the best $50 I've ever spent (and reimbursed by my Visa card!) when it comes to travel. Expedited Can/US land crossings, Global Entry and Precheck all in one. It really helped cut down on day-of-travel anxiety for this Canadian.

FLL is a great airport as the terminals for the different airlines are separate buildings so they each have their own TSA lines which are never terribly long. Its our home airport and with pre-check I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get through security.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter