Fort Hood Housing

OFFTONEVERLAND1

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me good info on post housing? From what I have found we are only eligible for 2 areas Wainwright and Pershing Park. How are the schools on post and what is the wait like? Any Fort Hood info would be appreciated. It looks as though we would be arriving in early DEc. TIA

I lived on post when we moved there March 2006. We moved out in Sept 2006 and bought a house. We lived in Chaffee Village. My DH came off an unaccompanied tour in Korea so they back dated him a year on the wait list. We waited about 20 days for a house. We lived in a one level, older duplex off 37th Street. I personally disliked it. We had a 2 bedroom with 1 bath. It had a small yard with a chain link fence that we had to rent. fast forward 2 years later we are in Baumholder, Germany and we own 3 rental properties in the Fort Hood Area (in Copperas Cove, one town over from Fort Hood). I am not sure of how schools are but I hear everyone likes the school in Copperas Cove. Hope that helps a bit. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have no info on Ft. Hood housing.:confused3

However, I just wanted to say: Welcome to the neighborhood. We are just down the road (I-35) a bit, in Waco. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter