• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For OKW owners only.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
Please don't vote unless you own at OKW. It's okay if you also own elsewhere. I'm just trying to gauge owner satisfaction. On a scale of one to ten (ten being completely satisfied) how happy are you with your home resort?

We are very happy with OKW. I, however gave it a 9 instead of 10, because I am not sure anything should get a 10!

A very happy OKW owner (10) just bumping this back up before it dorps off the first page!

Well, we need a slide and an updated pool area. I understand that a lot of people do not want a slide, but just ask your kids or grandchildren if they would like a slide? The answer is yes. I've heard all of the debates on a slide, it would mean extra dues, lifegaurd, etc.
So, no bashing me! This is my opinion only.
I bought when OKW was the only game in town, but now that BW, and VWL has opened my kids don't want to stay at OKW. ( I heard that!! I know someone just said good, we don't need all of the kids around anyhow!!) I say that in a fun and joking matter, so put your gun back in the holster.
Thanks
WOW!!! Am I looking for problems, but who thinks that Disney need to trim back some of the foliage so we can see out of the windows and deck? Ah Ha! see I didn't say if the foliage is good or bad? See I'm getting smarter! Just asking for an opinion.

I gave it an 8 based on transportation being slow in the afternoon and no slide. I compared it with other DVC property in making my decision. If IO had compared it to off site property I would have given it an 11, based on a 1 to 10 scale.

Tigger

I also gave it an 8 due to the long waits we had for the AK bus and sometimes the other busses as well!!! And for the AWFUL smokey smell we had from the oven cleaning the day we checked in. It was after 5:30 pm before our 2bdroom was ready and the oven was still on it's 'cleaning' cycle. The whole condo was filled with smoke from it. The brought over one of the ionizers to try and clear out the smoke but it didn't work. That smoke and smell remained for three days and I have two children (plus myself) with bad asthma. The oven was so incredibly hot to the touch I was afraid one of my kids would get burned. I probably should have asked if we could have been moved but since we had checked in early (around 11 am) but couldn't get our room until after 5 pm I figured it would have been an impossible task anyway.

Other than that we loved OKW and are glad that we made it our home!! It was our second time there and we haven't tried the other DVC properties yet to compare it with. Actually that whole "room" was somewhat of a nightmare for us. It was one of the older buildings which was nicely close to a bus stop and the Hospitality house. But the seals on the doors weren't very good and we had the seepage of the forest fire smoke come in on a couple of nights. Plus there wasn't a way to unlock the masterbath's door from the outside. One the very last day one of my monkey like children locked it and closed the door. We had to get maintenance come in to take the door off of it's hinges, pry off the door handle and replace it with one that could be unlocked with a pen or toothpick. They "thanked" us :-)o ) because they hadn't realized that they were like that. (The newer buildings didn't have those kind of door handles) They said that had plenty of the 'bad' kind in inventory and they were shipping them back to the manufacturer immediately and getting more of the unlockable kind. I give the maintenance guys a AAA+++ rating. They were great!! Friendly, funny and fairly adept at their job!!

I love the free video rentals too but the selection leaves a lot to be desired!! The shower in the newer building had wonderful water pressure (scary toilets though:eek: ) but the older bldg.'s shower pressure left a LOT to be desired. The maintenance guys told us that due to the water problems Florida was having that the shower heads were being changed to the low-flow kind to conserve water. I don't know if this is still the plan but that is what we were told this June.

Loved the size of the 2bdr!! The color scheme was relaxing, the master suite HUGE, the second bedroom large, the laundry room was a blessing!! I loved having the balcony (hated the mosquitoes and wasps) but had hoped to be able to see the Epcot's fireworks better. We can't wait to go back again and possibly share it with more of our family!!:)

I gave it a 9. A waterslide would have made it a 10. Slow buses don't bother me as we always have a car. Only other thing that bothers me is that Olivia's and Goods-to-Go are over priced. DW and I will head over to PO in the morning for the sausage biscuit and a sprinkle donut.

My rating was 8, maybe it should have been a 9. We just completed our first stay in a 1 BR in Bldg. 64. We loved our room, it was quiet, and the bed was very comfy. The washer and dryer were great, though very noisy. My DD didn't complain about the sleep sofa, she was so happy to have her own room and control of the "big TV". I didn't care for the large gap under the front door (put a towel there), and for the toilet! I don't think I got it to flush on the first try all week! Noticed some of the neighbors had the same problem. We didn't even go to the OKW pool - DD turned her nose up and we had to go to SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter