For anyone who has been to Mama Melrose...

CamColt

Has anyone had the Penne Alla Vodka?
Ive been planning on getting my usual chicken parm here, but Im suddenly interested in the Penne Alla Vodka. I think it has something to do with seeing a similar dish on the Food Networks wedding special. ;)
So, what can you tell me about it? Im a big pasta fan so I think I will like it, but I see it has onions in it, which I dont particularly care for. Also I see its tomato basil sauce and cream, so is it more of a tomato sauce or a creamy sauce? Any info on this dish would be appreciated.
Thanks!

I consider it a cream sauce with tomato sauce in it! My brother is a chef and makes it all the time! Alla Vodka is really delicious! I have had it with and without peas and pepperoni!...and usually the onions are so finely chopped!

I had this in May when I was there...well what else is a girl to do when it has Vodka in it's name calling to me like that! ;)

It was really nice I thought :) I agree, I would describe it as a creamy sauce with tomato in it rather than the other way around and as for the onion, well I really don't remember it so I'm thinking it was probably subtly used though I do like onion so it may have just been that I was happily woofing it down, LOL.

Oh, and the other thing I remember is you get a huge plate full, I couldn't quite finish it and I have a, um, rather healthy appetite...though admittedly it was only lunchtime, not dinner.

LOL, Penny! My thoughts exactly. :teeth:

Thanks for the info. Although its sounding so good, its not making my decision any easier. At least I still have a week to decide. :D

My husband had it and loved it!

Do yourself a favor and request Kevin as your server. he's AWESOME!

Anne

Kevin at MM.........we love him! We have PS'S for 7/24 and IMHO anything that's a la vodka is "a la excellent." Enjoy!:tongue:

Thanks for the added replies. I think I might go for it.

Has Kevin been there for a few years? A while back we had a waiter who was really great. Im thinking his name could have been Kevin.

Kevin's been there at least 2 1/2 years now. He's on the tall side, very willowy with dirty blond hair.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter