Food & Wine Review, Wine & Cheese, Food & Wine Pairing, Party for the Senses

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I wanted to post a quick review of my 3 Food & Wine events. Unlike others I did not take detail notes so this will be quick

1. I did a Wine & Cheese pairing last Saturday at Ariel's in the Beach Club. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!! I had considered canceling, but the event had gotten some good reviews so I gave it a shot. What I didn't realize is that the event is lead by a different "cheese" expert every time. Our cheese expert was from the Irish Dairy Board. She was very nice, but the extent of her wine knowlege was telling us the names of the wines and "I have the bottles up here if you want to see them" We have four various dairy cheeses produced by the Irish Dairy Board. While they were nice it was not exactly a gourmet cheese spread and as I said the wine was NEVER really mentioned. This was a commerical for the Irish Dairy Board that I paid $45 for. The hour and a half seminar lasted 45 minutes and that was streching it! I plan to write Disney and express my dismay! (Anybody got a good address?)

2. Party for the Senses. Wonderful as always. Food and wine were great. However, there was LESS entertainment then last year and it seemed more crowded to me. I will probably go again UNLESS there is another significant price increase.

3. Food & Wine Pairing at Morroco. This was wonderful. We had three courses paired with three wines. The food was great, the guy knew his wines and the overall event was a lot of fun. I plan to sign up for this next year!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

I was going to do the wine and cheese pairing at Ariel's but now you've got me rethinking it. I know next to nothing about wine (cheese I know) and that's more what I was hoping to hear about.

thanks for the info.

I think a lot depends on the Wine & Cheese. Another poster had a MUCH better expeireince with a very knowledgeable guide. However, based on my experience I can't recommend it since you could get the "clueless" again. (And I felt like you. I feel fairly confident with cheese, plus these were basically CHEDDARS... granted Irish, but not exactly something you don't eat a lot LOL!)

What was the food they served you at the Morocco Pairing? I've never eaten there but have tried the offerings at their food booth and thought they were good. We are cancelling the Food & Wine in Balance & the Cheese & Wine pairing based on the reviews we've seen so far. It sounds to me like the Food & Wine pairing are still the Great bargains they always were. I've always wondered what the one in Morrocco was like since we've never tried that one.

Hey, Carol! I sat across from you at the wine and food pairing in Morocco! I agree - it was a good event, the wines were fun, the guy did know his wines and the food was really good. We were so full we cancelled dinner.

Party of the Senses was also awesome -- well worth the money.

I'm glad to see that you got home to Atlanta safely!

Cathy :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews. Sorry the wine & cheese tasting was a bust. :guilty:

Too bad about the Irish wine and cheese experience. Thanks for your reviews. We have yet to do a single F&W event. :confused3

Thanks for the review. We tried to get a ressie for the pairing at Ariel's & couldn't. Get we did miss anything!

I'm already thinking about what we'll try next year! If they do the pairing in Morocco that will be on our list!

I think the at $40 those pairings were a real bargain!

BCV23, you must try some of the F&W events if you are there! Try Alfredo's food & wine pairing if you ever get the chance! I promise you won't be disappointed.!

P.S. I'd love mroe detail on the pairing at Morocco! Already making a list for next year! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter