• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine dates announced!

Test track closed and no festival...It will be interesting to see how crowds are.

I remember when it started in October. We would book last week of FREE DINING in September that rolled over to beginning so we could use all our snack credits at F&W.

I imagine the longer season and more work didn't equal out to the amount of profits they wanted. We went several times in the summer during F&W and it really was so hot we had no interest in the food. The lines were quite short compared to later in the festival season.

Well that makes me a bit sad.
I've gone a number of times Labor Day weekend but then since C when it started so early I chose to switch it up and go a bit earlier.
I'll be there the week of August 18th.
Going to miss putting a meal together with samples. Oh well maybe it will be even less busy without that being a draw.

Only problem is the QS places in Epcot will be uber busy. We went a week between festivals recently and had visitors with us (we live local) who wanted to have lunch and all the QS had LONG LONG lines and chaos. We ate funnel cake and waited for our dinner ADR, starving.

With this announcement, F&W starts during our vacation. How bad is it actually to go during the opening day? I'm not that concerned about ride times, just more wondering about the crowds in general. I have some time planned in epcot before F&W starts but we were hoping it would have started already and the crowds would have died down. I now only have two days to enjoy F&W before we leave.

With this announcement, F&W starts during our vacation. How bad is it actually to go during the opening day? I'm not that concerned about ride times, just more wondering about the crowds in general. I have some time planned in epcot before F&W starts but we were hoping it would have started already and the crowds would have died down. I now only have two days to enjoy F&W before we leave.

The first day is usually a zoo with all the bloggers. I've been in Epcot for the first day of flower and garden and it's a little hectic.

Only problem is the QS places in Epcot will be uber busy. We went a week between festivals recently and had visitors with us (we live local) who wanted to have lunch and all the QS had LONG LONG lines and chaos. We ate funnel cake and waited for our dinner ADR, starving.
Exactly! We were kind of excited once to be going to Diet Epcot and eat at some of the places we skip for festival food. The lines were crazy since there weren’t 30 festival booths to spread people out. We went out to the BW and ate at Ale and Compass.

Anyone think people with a vacation set to start before F&W will change their dates?
Just wondering if maybe Poly will open up for my BB haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter