Food on ATA

atigeg

DIS Veteran
Since ATA has never served food (other than peanuts and soda), I found it interesting that they will now be serving snacks like Hot Pockets on flights of 3 hours or more. The other airlines that used to serve food have pretty much phased it out (although I read that some are bringing it back)...I was surprised that ATA would add this, since I'm sure it keeps costs down not to serve any food. As long as their fares don't go up...we fly them for at least 80 percent of our trips to MCO since we can rarely beat their fares. And no food for us anyway...it's only 2 to 2 1/2 hours, depending on the tailwind.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

ATA has also started offering complimentary entertainment as well on most of their flights.. From what I understand you buy a headset for 1.00 and you get to keep it and use it on all future flights.

We flew to Vegas in June, its over 3 hours from Chicago and they served us these hot pocket things, pizza type, they were ok, and we also did the movie for 1.00, u get to keep the headphones for your next trip

ATA has a new marketing plan all around their new planes and upper class service at a decent price.

We flew on one of the new planes (with the leather seats and adjustable headrests) in April. I am a horrible flyer, but the plane was sure nice.

I LOVE their new stretch 757 300s, although it is scary taking off and landing in such a long plane at Midway! We generally try to get the exit row by the door...plenty of legroom. I've heard ATA horror stories from some people, but personally we have never had a problem with them and our next three trips are on them.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter