Followup to Parking Question...

Nadine and Fred

<br>DIS Veteran
My BIL and SIL (both mobility challenged; will have one ECV with them, a handicapped hang tag and will be renting a second ECV at WDW) are staying at ALL Star Music....
Is there valet parking? (I think probably not) How will parking work for them?
How can they assure getting a room on ground level? Are there elevators?
Who will help them with luggage?
Should they plan to take their car to the parks every day or are there enough handicapped accessible busses?
I hope that these are not too tedious or stupid but I have never stayed at the All Stars; certainly the price is great! Thanks

One answer at a time.

1. The only valet parking is at the Deluxe resorts (and the DVC locations at BC and WL). There is no assistance at any of the moderate or value resorts or any of the parks.

2. The only way they can be assured of a ground floor room is by going through special (medical) reservations at 407-939-7807. If they already have reservations, special reserfvations can take over and make a "request" into a "requirement". When they call special reservations be sure they have their reservation confirmation number available.

3. The All-Star resorts do have elevators.

4. There is luggage service at the All-Stars. However, it is oriented toward people who arrive by bus. They will deliver the luggage to the rooms, but will not necessarily be "immediately" as is done at the deluxe resorts where there is regular Bell Services.

5. Are you going to be doing daily rentals at the parks or a longer-term rental from one of the off-site companies. If using daily rentals, often (especially in crowded times) they will run out of ECVs. This is especially true for arrivals later than park opening. Also there is no ECV rentals at Downtown Disney. It can also be quite a trek from a room to the bus stop at All-Stars. I would strongly recommend use of an off-site company.

6.. All the buses are accessible and able to handle two wheelchairs and/or ECVs. It is possible, although difficult, to get two ECVs into a large car (but it entails putting all the battery packs on the floor in back and the seats on the back seats).

7. My personal thought is that the buses should definitely be used for MK; my choice would be driving to the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter