• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying after sinus surgery

Kkb0517

Mouseketeer
I’m scheduled to have sinus surgery May 8th and am flying to the world in early July, about 8 weeks afterwards. The dr says my ears and sinuses will be fine flying that time later but I’m wondering if anyone has personal experience with something like this and can calm my fears. Thanks.

You're asking for medical advice from an anonymous poster? A person who's medical condition and treatment sounds similar but isn't really?
You've already booked flights? Too late to buy travel insurance.

After the surgery ask your doctor what you should before your flight. Sudafed? Nasal spray?

You want assurance. People can fly less then 2 months after open heart surgery. 2 months should be long enough after a nose job, or whatever the procedure is.

Well it all depends on how well you heal and that you have no complications after surgery. I work with a girl who had sinus surgery years ago and she has not been the same since, everyone is different

I flew a month after sinus surgery. It was a relatively short flight, maybe 1.5 hours and I was fine. No issues at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter