Flu and Covid Vaccine

Well. Just found out we have another pertussis outbreak in our schools. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thankful my kids are up to date on their DTaP but my heart breaks for families with babies too young to be vaccinated. One of my first IICU patients ever was a baby with pertussis. I will never forget that baby for as long as I live. Heartbreaking and so preventable.

Well. Just found out we have another pertussis outbreak in our schools. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Thankful my kids are up to date on their DTaP but my heart breaks for families with babies too young to be vaccinated. One of my first IICU patients ever was a baby with pertussis. I will never forget that baby for as long as I live. Heartbreaking and so preventable.
Forty years ago, when my girls were babies, their pediatrician told me that he had only seen one case of pertussis and he hoped he would never see another one.

Both DH and I got the 2 shots on the same day (although we went on different days). One of my arms (I think it was the Covid one) was pretty sore for a few days.
I'm really interested about the responses from people who got both shots in the same arm on the same day. The nurse asked me if I wanted them in the same arm, but my theory was "2 arms for 2 shots". However, she said that a lot of people want both shots in the same arm. Based on the lack of problems people here have reported with doing it, I might consider it for next year. It would be kind of nice to keep one arm I can sleep on that night!
I get both in one arm, because if/when that arm gets sore, I want at least one arm I know will be at 100%.

I always have a reaction to vaccines. Last week was RSV and Flu - next day was tired all day. This week was Covid and the following day I had the chills, dizzy, no appetitive, and generally felt like crap but by the date after I was fine. I think I'm gonna give the Pneumonia a miss as I had a 'senior' pneumonia vaccine 2 years ago and even the pharmacist didn't think I needed another so I don't know why the doctor recommended. If I think about it I'll ask him next year at my annual.

Not only did I get the flu and covid together, but I went a little crazy and got shingrex in my other arm. That was Monday, Tues was terrible and today I feel much better then yesterday, but still not great.

Not only did I get the flu and covid together, but I went a little crazy and got shingrex in my other arm. That was Monday, Tues was terrible and today I feel much better then yesterday, but still not great.
I had some pretty major arm pain after my Shringrex ones!

I had a 'senior' pneumonia vaccine 2 years ago and even the pharmacist didn't think I needed another so I don't know why the doctor recommended.
There's more than one pneumonia vaccine. Depending on which one you got, it might be a good idea to get another:
The CDC recommends that adults 65 and older get a pneumococcal vaccine:

• PCV15, PCV20, or PCV21
    If you've never received a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV), you should get one of these. If you get PCV15, you should also get a dose of PPSV23.

• PPSV23
    Most people only need one dose of PPSV23. However, some people may need a second dose or another type of vaccine.

Now I'm scared to get my second one! But I really don't want shingles, so I will

Yeah, not looking forward to it. But I've heard some people have a tougher time with the first than the second. I think it's an individual thing. Made our appointment for next week.

I just got my 2nd Shingrex shot on Tuesday. For the first shot, I got a little red warm spot and was sore for 2 days. This 2nd shot was much more sore, red, swollen and generally feeling a little worse.

The good news is it's almost 48 hours since I had the shot and it feels less sore, but warm/tender to the touch.

I did the flu and Covid vaccine together over the summer. I had to wait 2 months until the latest Covid vaccine was available and had that shot too. My body didn't react as much as with the Shingrex shots.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest