Flowers and Firsts - A May 2010 PTR, 5/13 TR started! Link on pg 39

Hey there Anita! You should be livin' it up in WDW by now - hope you are having a great time! Don't let that clown get you....... :scared1:

Hi Michelle! I am so glad you are starting a PTR! It will be fun to follow along, such a pretty time to be in WDW! :flower3:

Thanks for joining in! I can't wait to see the F&G Festival. I've that some people who have been in the past are disappointed with this years display, but since I've never seen it I'm sure I'll be amazed!

On board. Can't wait to read more.:cool1:

Thanks for hopping on board! Day 1 plans coming right up :thumbsup2

Hi Michelle! :) I came over from Katie's PTR seeing that we are all there at the same time! I'm really looking forward to the F&G too and so happy we are finally at 49 days!!

Tracy

Hi Tracy, thanks for coming over. Are you writing a PTR? I'd love to follow along with your plans as well.

Arrival Day - Saturday, May 1st

Our flight leaves OKC at 7:30 in the morning, not too terribly early, and we arrive at MCO at 12:55. I'm hoping we will be at CSR around 2:30, if we are lucky maybe even earlier. For those of you who read my last TR, you will remember that I got myself turned around in the airport and took us to the wrong place - that will not happen this time - I will never forget again that ME is on the 'B' side!! :laughing:

I'm thinking that I'll do online check in prior to us leaving to save a bit of time once we arrrive. Then Mom and I will change into our swimsuits and head to the Dig Site pool. I will have a book and a

prices-image.jpg

while enjoying this view

3218785294_baeb22480b.jpg

with no kids yelling 'Mom, Mom, Mom' to me over and over again! Ahhhhhhhh :cloud9:

We'll stay at the pool until it's time to head back to the room to get ready for dinner. I'm leaning towards just taking a cab to AKL

animal_kingdom.jpg

for our dinner at Jiko

JIKO_1_998.jpg

This will be my first experience with a Disney signature restaurant and I've read nothing but good things about Jiko - to say that I am excited is an understatement!

Mom and I will explore AKL a bit after dinner, then head back to CSR to unpack and rest up for our first full park day!

We stayed in the Casitias back in '03 - pre-remodel. The rooms look wonderful now!! It seemed like quite a walk to the main building, but we were right by the bus stop. I didn't mind having a view of the parking lot to be able to have good bus stop location. AHHHH, to be kidless at Disney!!:cloud9:

Sounds like a great first day! Very relaxing and "adult" oriented. :thumbsup2 It's going to be a margarita filled week for you!

How many times do you think you will look up from your book when you hear "Mom, watch this!" only to smile, take a swig of your margarita and return to your book

:upsidedow

Love your arrival day plans!

Yep, pretty sure that is the PERFECT way to start your vacation -- a little reading time, a little pool time, a not-so-little margarita time, and dinner at Jiko. That's exactly how I would want to start a trip, too! :thumbsup2

Take a cab -- think how much easier it would be than taking a bus to Animal Kingdom and then taking a bus to AKL. Since CSR and AKL are actually pretty close together, it shouldn't cost much at all.

Arrival Day - Saturday, May 1st

Mom and I will change into our swimsuits and head to the Dig Site pool. I will have a book and a

prices-image.jpg

while enjoying this view

3218785294_baeb22480b.jpg

with no kids yelling 'Mom, Mom, Mom' to me over and over again! Ahhhhhhhh :cloud9:

This will be very easy to get used to, so just be warned... :laughing:

Dinner at Jiko's to top off this wonderful afternoon/evening? DELIGHTFUL!

A perfect day to get the ball rolling, what a great plan! I am looking forward to your photos!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: you take the best pics!

While I love my kids terribly (as I know you do yours),---this has to be the best part ! :cloud9: But I, as like Katie, wonder how many times will you look up when someone else's kids yell for mom! :laughing:

That sounds like a perfect first day! I bet it'll be really odd to not have a child asking for something. LOL!!

I love how you inserted pictures into your Day1 plans! Sounds wonderful, I think it would be so much fun to go with my mom, just to get off the fast track I always end up on while at Disney. :goodvibes I enjoy the fast track for sure but another pace would be interesting to try ;)

We stayed in the Casitias back in '03 - pre-remodel. The rooms look wonderful now!! It seemed like quite a walk to the main building, but we were right by the bus stop. I didn't mind having a view of the parking lot to be able to have good bus stop location. AHHHH, to be kidless at Disney!!:cloud9:

Yeah, I really don't care what my view is - if we had a balcony it would be different, but we don't sit in our room and stare out the window anyway, so it really doesn't matter to me what kind of room view we have. Convenience to a bus stop and a place to refill my mug is most important to me. :thumbsup2

Being at Disney without kids is going to make for a very different experience that's for sure!

Sounds like a great first day! Very relaxing and "adult" oriented. :thumbsup2 It's going to be a margarita filled week for you!

Yep, I see many cocktails in my future for that week! On my list is also the Lost on Safari @ AK and a Grey Goose Slush @ Epcot!

That sounds like a great first day! You guys are going to have so much fun!:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to it! I hope the weather cooperates with my first day plans, because I haven't made a back up.......

How many times do you think you will look up from your book when you hear "Mom, watch this!" only to smile, take a swig of your margarita and return to your book

:upsidedow

Love your arrival day plans!

I'm sure that will happen a few times! When it does I'm hoping to be able to squelch the guilty feeling with more alcohol :lmao:

Yep, pretty sure that is the PERFECT way to start your vacation -- a little reading time, a little pool time, a not-so-little margarita time, and dinner at Jiko. That's exactly how I would want to start a trip, too! :thumbsup2

Take a cab -- think how much easier it would be than taking a bus to Animal Kingdom and then taking a bus to AKL. Since CSR and AKL are actually pretty close together, it shouldn't cost much at all.

I sure hope day one pans out as planned - right now it seems too perfect for words :cloud9:

About the cab - I'm with ya, It will just take so much more time to wait for a park bus, then wait for another bus to AKL. We took a cab a few times during this last trip and it was usually between $10-$15 with tip, not bad at all considering how much time we saved.

This will be very easy to get used to, so just be warned... :laughing:

Dinner at Jiko's to top off this wonderful afternoon/evening? DELIGHTFUL!

A perfect day to get the ball rolling, what a great plan! I am looking forward to your photos!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: you take the best pics!

Oh, trust me, I know! I can see me deciding on some afternoon pool and cocktail time daily!

I can't wait for Jiko!!! Yum!!

Thanks for compliment on my pics - having a great camera helps :thumbsup2

While I love my kids terribly (as I know you do yours),---this has to be the best part ! :cloud9: But I, as like Katie, wonder how many times will you look up when someone else's kids yell for mom! :laughing:

I know that there will definitely be times during the week that I will miss my kids, like when I ride their favorite rides or eat at their favorite restaurants, but I'm also so looking forward to a bit of 'me' time!

That sounds like a perfect first day! I bet it'll be really odd to not have a child asking for something. LOL!!

I know it's going to be a very different experience going without kids. I'll get to shop when I want to shop, take things at a leisurely pace, read a book uninterupted - should be nice!

I love how you inserted pictures into your Day1 plans! Sounds wonderful, I think it would be so much fun to go with my mom, just to get off the fast track I always end up on while at Disney. :goodvibes I enjoy the fast track for sure but another pace would be interesting to try ;)

I include so many pictures in my TRs that I felt funny not having any to post here, so I had to google some to include in my plans! :laughing:

We are usually go, go, go too when we are at WDW, it's going to be a whole new world, so to speak!

Ahhhhhh, your first day plans sound so relaxing!

Don't they though?! :cloud9:

Well, everyone, I just wanted to let you guys know that I won't be around much the next few days. Don has to go out of town for work and since the kids are on spring break we decided to tag along. I'll have pics of our little mini adventure when I return!

Love your first day plans!! :cool1:
I plan on having many drinks by the pool also :goodvibes
I get in the same day as you (evening) but I am staying at POP that night to save on points before moving over to Kidani for the rest of the week.
Ohhhh Jiko.....what a wonderful place to eat.....just love it there!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Enjoy your little side trip with Don and the boys! :)

Enjoy your mini-trip!

Enjoy your trip with Don and the boys! Where are you headed?

Thanks ladies! We are in Memphis - and so far things are NOT going as planned, a health issue with Justin caused us to get a late start yesterday, so we didn't make it all the way here. Then Don had a conference call that went waaaaay longer than it was supposed to this morning, so we didn't even get to Memphis until 1:00, ate some lunch and now it's really too late to go do anything on our list. :sad2: The boys are wanting to swim, so I guess I'll take them down to the indoor pool here - something to keep them occupied for awhile anyway.

Love your first day plans!! :cool1:
I plan on having many drinks by the pool also :goodvibes
I get in the same day as you (evening) but I am staying at POP that night to save on points before moving over to Kidani for the rest of the week.
Ohhhh Jiko.....what a wonderful place to eat.....just love it there!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Ooooo, I love the photos I've seen of Kidani - looks like an awesome place to stay!

Can't wait to try Jiko!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter