FLL to Port of Miami

Spackle75

Earning My Ears
We are flying on SouthWest, but it only flies into FLL instead of MIA... Does anyone have any good recommendations for transportation from the FLL area to the Port of Miami? We are flying in the day before and staying in a hotel. I have looked at SAS Transportation, but don't know much about them. I wondered if anybody had experiences that they would want to share...
Thank you!

We used SAS from the port to FLL a few years ago and they worked out fine. The price was right and they were on time with no issues. We did feel they squished a few too many people in the van but we managed all right.

I rented a car since we were staying a little north of Fort Lauderdale. Drove to MIA the next day, dropped off the car and caught the DCL bus to the port. Not the least expensive route but it worked for us.

We got to see some of the area (drove up the coast and stopped and looked around in several locations) and the drive back to MIA was easy. There are many car rental locations that you could drop your car off at and they will take you to the port.

We use Jiffy Jeff, great service and equipment. We stay in Ft Lauderdale, he picks up at our hotel right on time and just a quick trip down to Port of Miami.

We've flown into FLL and sailed out of Miami twice. The first time, we uses SAS because they were highly recommended here on the DIS. It's interesting to note that they have more than a few bad reviews on Yelp. We flew in, used SAS to Miami and stayed downtown. The next morning we took a taxi to port. It worked great! Unfortunately, on the way back it wasn't so great. The driver was extremely unsafe in his driving. He was going very fast (much faster than the flow of traffic) and was weaving in and out of lanes, no blinker. I've driven with tamer NYC cabbies and let me tell you, I have had some pretty insane taxi rides in Mexico. This was not okay.

So the second time around, I was not going to use SAS again. That time we rented a car, drove to a hotel in FLL, stayed there, then returned the car to Avis the next day in downtown Miami and took the Avis shuttle to the port. The price difference between the two was a wash.

I will probably use Jiffy Jeff next time if we do it again. I liked staying in downtown Miami. It was easy to walk to dinner and other activities the night before the cruise.

We used SAS a few years ago and would do that again if we needed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter