Flint, MI airport

jakal

Earning My Ears
Any Michigan people fly out of the Flint airport as opposed to Detroit Metro? Any opinions out there??? I'm considering a flight that comes out of Flint and wanted to get some first hand experience!

Chris in COLD Waterford, MI

Chris
I was also looking for flights out of Flint when I got the great deal on Spirit out of Metro. I have heard from friends at work that Flint is a great airport with eary parking and in and out. They say that they would never fly out of Metro again. I wanted nonstop and could only find ATA that had nonstop and I really didn't like their flight times. I hope this helps

Ann Marie in cold Marysville

Chris, my sister-in-law just dropped her husband off at the Flint airport and thought it was extremely easy to get around. She said that she will definitely pick Flint over Metro anytime.

I am on the look out for flights out of there for Feb 2003 and it looks like they run a little bit cheaper than Metro does. What a bonus...same drive time (from Lansing area), easier to get around and cheaper!!!! Got to love that.

Michelle

Glad to see the positive replies!!

We've always use DTW, but are using Flint for the first time in February.

Well, I booked out of Flint last night for my trip in January. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the replies.

Chris

I agree with the above posters that Flint is a great airport and usually has better fares. But we're willing to pay higher airfares to avoid Detroit. My DH and I have discovered that the easiest (and cheapest) way to go is that I have DH drop me off with the luggage at the terminal, then he goes across the street to the economy parking lot and takes the shuttle back to the terminal. I go ahead and get in line, if there is one, while he's doing that. He's always rejoined me in less than 5 minutes. And we don't have to wrestle the luggage on and off the shuttle.

I'm from Flint and recently flew into Bishop airport on a visit home. I was so lucky! I flew from Tucson to Flint with a stop in Minneapolis. I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with Detroit or Phoenix! These little airports are great. And, Flint is only a few years old so it's clean and very friendly. Sometimes when I looked for flights to MCO it was actually cheaper to fly out of Flint and stop in DTW than it was to fly out of DTW on the exact same flight. You will definitely enjoy the Flint airport!

Chris

You will absolutely love FNT vs DTW. After using FNT, I'll avoid DTW (however, if you use NWA) you'll most likely pass through DTW anyway. Parking is easy, and the airport is clean and friendly. When are you going in Feb? I've been "fishing for fares" in early Feb.

Tracy in Snowy Boyne City

Hi-

I'm flying out of Flint via AirTran for $184. Nonstop direct to MCO. I usually fly NW, but not his time. We leave Jan. 25th and return Feb. 1. Can't wait!!!!! I've already booked a character breakfast!

chris

Chris
What breakfast did you book? We are going to princess at Epcot on Sunday Jan 26 at 10 am. Hoping to book ctr while we are there.

I flew out of Flint for the first time last year. What a refreshing experience! It was very laid back, easy to navigate, and free from long lines. I loved it! You will really enjoy that experience.

I still fly out of DTW if I get a great fare, but I keep a really close watch on fares out of Flint now too. Will fly from Flint to MCO via Delta in late Feb. again.

The one mistake I made was parking in the parking lot closest to the terminal, because I didn't know what I was doing. I got one of the last spots in the lot, and it was at the farthest end from the terminal. My return flight came in late at night, and I wound up walking by myself across that big lot with nobody else around. Pretty creepy.

What I will do next time is park in the economy lot and take the shuttle to and from the terminal. That will probably save me some money too.

Enjoy your trip out of Flint! :D

Mary-

We'll also be at the Princess Storybook Breakfast on Jan. 26th! I think we have a 9:50 am seating (or something like that)!

Hope you have a magical, great time!

Chris

We just used the FLint airport this past week and loved it! It is very easy to find everything, clean, and just simple. We used Airtran and all our flights were on time. We were very pleased!
Ann

Don't know if anyone's interested or not, but Airtran appears to be offering non-stop flights from Flint to Orlando on a daily basis in 2003.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter