Flights of Passage with no Fast Pass?!

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
So, I'm a long-time Disney visitor and I'm dying to try this attraction. I'm planning a last-minute trip mid-August, and of course there are no FPs left for any of the 6 days I'm in Orlando. Will I be able to get on this if I head there straight from Rope drop? Or am I out of luck?

Yes I mean if worse comes to worse just wait in line, it’s not that bad of a wait.

Also refresh your MDE for a single rider you can most likely get it for a single person.

Yes I mean if worse comes to worse just wait in line, it’s not that bad of a wait.

Also refresh your MDE for a single rider you can most likely get it for a single person.

I'm already a single person!! Haha the good thing is that I'll have lots of time to keep refreshing and checking, and I've seen most of the other attractions before so if I have to sacrifice something else then so be it. Too bad it doesn't have a single-rider line.

I'd say if you were staying onsite take advantage of morning EMH but guessing your not. We were able to get on during EMH with only about a 20 minute wait and then had a FP later in the evening. First try, DD was unable to get us a FP too so just keep checking back. Another friend of mine managed around 5 FP's during the week she was there. It is SO WORTH A WAIT...awesome new attraction! Good luck! :tink:

I'm already a single person!! Haha the good thing is that I'll have lots of time to keep refreshing and checking, and I've seen most of the other attractions before so if I have to sacrifice something else then so be it. Too bad it doesn't have a single-rider line.
Don’t get discouraged if you don’t happen to snag one right away. Your chances of finding a FP will begin to increase the day before. With the night before and morning of your AK day being the most likely time you’ll find one. (You will!)

We planned a somewhat last minute trip last fall and got a FOP fast pass for 4 people for 10am while in the AK parking lot parking the car. This was probably 10 minutes before park opening. As a single rider I think your odds day of are very good. Just keep refreshing

Last edited:
Well it is very rare to get to FOP right after rope drop with hardly a wait. I tried this with my sister once even during early morning EMH heck we even took our car to AK. We beelined it to the ride. When we got there, there was already a line from the bridge that leads to Avatar Land. We waited about 2 hours.
But like everyone else says, it is so worth the wait:yay:

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

August 2017-son and I waited 90 minutes at park closing (we had FP later in week but we wanted get in it before then)
June 2018-EMH morning:got there just before they let resorts guests into Pandora for EMH (about 10 minutes before official EMH start)-line stretches alll the way down to lion king entrance but moved very quickly once they opened ride up at EMH start. 45 minutes of an almost continuously moving line.
June 2018-hopped in line about hour before park close-waited 85 minutes. Wat time said 100 minutes I think, with TP expected wait of 90 minutes

So, I'm a long-time Disney visitor and I'm dying to try this attraction. I'm planning a last-minute trip mid-August, and of course there are no FPs left for any of the 6 days I'm in Orlando. Will I be able to get on this if I head there straight from Rope drop? Or am I out of luck?
You can actually be getting off FoP right when the park is scheduled to be open.
Get to the park 75 minutes before scheduled opening time.

I would plan to get to the park at least 60 or more minutes prior to park opening, or get in line within 30 min of park closing

Park close would be my suggestion as well and thats was going to be our plan if we could not snag FPs.

OP, I am guessing you'll be able to get one the day of. Have fun!

Rope Drop for AK FoP passage means being at the front of the masses 60 minutes before park opening. They actually start FoP ride before park opening(15 minutes or so).

Have a great trip!

I’m going in August too and I was able to get 3 FPs for FoP two weeks before ur trip.
The key is refreshing. It will be easier for you if you are 1. But don’t think you are going to get 1 with 5 mins of refreshing.

I was stalking the MDE app for days. When I’m watching tv I would just open the app and refresh.
My guess as you get close to park open, you get more availability because people might tweet plans or cancel. Who knows.

For rope drop, you need to get there 75 mins at least before park open. If you are staying offsite. They key is to beat the resort buses. If you are not staying on site do not go on an EMH day, otherwise rope drop does not work for you.

If staying onsite; rope drop works if you get there 40-60 min before park open on an EMH day, 60 min if non-EMH day
If staying offsite; rope drop works 60 min before non-EMH morning, rope drop does not work on an EMH day

When they let you in the park, you line up at Pandora's entrance, when they let you into Pandora, the line will look really long really quickly, but don't walk off (saw a lot of people look disgusted and walk off). The reason the line looks so long is that they wind people through the FP line and not standby. They also let people line up before the ride is running, so people have to start loading. The line moves fast.

Either be at the park 45-60 minutes before the park opens and head directly to foP at RD. If you show up later, you can easily have a 60-90 minutes wait within the first 15 minutes.
Or, try and ride close to closing. Often the line is much shorter then.
Keep watching for FPs. They do become available. Even the day of, keep checking.

We jumped in line right at park closing and it was about 60 minutes one night then 45 the other on our trip a few weeks ago.

I'd say if you were staying onsite take advantage of morning EMH but guessing your not. We were able to get on during EMH with only about a 20 minute wait and then had a FP later in the evening. First try, DD was unable to get us a FP too so just keep checking back. Another friend of mine managed around 5 FP's during the week she was there. It is SO WORTH A WAIT...awesome new attraction! Good luck! :tink:

I am staying on site!! I think there are 2 EMH mornings while I'm there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter