Flame Tree BBQ

Disney Addicted

DIS Veteran
We ate here on Friday, September 20th for the first time. This quick service was amazing! I've read good reviews about their food and liked the look of the menu. I also read there is seating behind that not many people seem to be aware of. I had no idea how nice the seating areas would be! My husband had a pulled pork & coleslaw sandwich that looked very good. He enjoyed it. I was tempted but wanted something healthier from what I had been eating so far, so I went for the Smokehouse Chicken Salad and cornbread. (Pulled Chicken on top of Mixed Greens Salad tossed with Smoked Cheddar, Diced Granny Smith Apples, Dried Cranberries, Cornbread Croutons, Crispy Onions, and Barbecue-Ranch Dressing).

The seating area was the best! Tucked to the side of Flame Tree but you can walk all the way back to the water and find lots of seating. Sun or shade. Out in the open or under a pavillion. There was a boat with a band playing that kept coming by us as well. This was a great place to enjoy a good meal and relax in the shade.

20240920_142146.jpg20240920_142717.jpg20240920_144304.jpg20240920_144327.jpg20240920_144332.jpg20240920_144338.jpg20240920_144355.jpg20240920_144405.jpg20240920_144431.jpg

Flame tree is my favorite quick service on property. There is so much seating behind the restaurant with great views. My problem is always the birds. I've had one of the tall white birds walk up and grab half my sandwich right off my plate. So now I have to keep more of an eye on where they are. They have no fear and they want your food! And also - it's not good for them so I really don't want them to get it.

We do have good luck finding a nice relaxing spot there with yummy chow... but I do miss the fruit platter they used to have. Le sigh...

Flame tree is my favorite quick service on property. There is so much seating behind the restaurant with great views. My problem is always the birds. I've had one of the tall white birds walk up and grab half my sandwich right off my plate. So now I have to keep more of an eye on where they are. They have no fear and they want your food! And also - it's not good for them so I really don't want them to get it.
People like feeding animals, and that's trained them to beg and steal. I get it: some of them are pretty adorable and they manage to look hungry and pitiful (even the ducks, which are clearly well fed to the point of obesity.)

Gatorland sells food for the birds and other critters, and has places where you can safely feed them. Maybe Disney should give people the opportunity to feed local wildlife appropriate food in controlled settings where they won't become a nuisance or get sick from eating stuff they shouldn't? I don't know the answer, but expecting people to totally ignore cute animals begging for food is probably unrealistic.

Back when they were doing to the kite show on boats, that in the back seating was really good. We got to eat and watch the show at the same time. just don't get so absorbed in the show that a bird steals your food.

We eat here every trip. The seating areas are so nice and they each have a different predator/prey animal theme. The foods really good too.

Definitely a favorite for us! I think it's hard to find affordable high protein meals at WDW, but Flame Tree is all about the meat. YUM!

Definitely a favorite for us! I think it's hard to find affordable high protein meals at WDW, but Flame Tree is all about the meat. YUM!
I like it better than the Regal Eagle Smokehouse. The meat and sides are at least as good, in my opinion, and the surroundings are so much nicer. One of the best places to eat in WDW.

Thanks for the review! I was curious about this place but hadn't seen much about it online. The tip about the seating behind is good to know!

Hidden seating spots are the best, and the Smokehouse Chicken Salad sounds refreshing. I'll have to try this one next.

I can't imagine you would be disappointed. Flame Tree has beautiful seating and the meals served all looked so good. I skipped this location in 2019 and don't think I knew about it in 2010. I wish we had eaten there all 3 times. From now on we will!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest