first week in June very wet?

bjsmico

Mouseketeer
We are going from May30-June10. I would MUCH rather go when it is cooler,but tried that once and had to take the kids out of school.:( Anyways,I know it will be hot,but we have gone the third week in May at found it tolerable. But how is the first week in June? Does it rain too much and how are the crowds? I was hoping to beat most of the summer vacationers:sunny: Thanks-Julie

I think you can expect the daily afternoon rain shower by that time of year :sunny:

I am sure some Floridians can answer better, but you can pretty much count on "Possibility of afternoon Isolated thunderstorms (some severe) " being a part of the forecast anytime between 5/15 and 9/1.

We went last year from May 31 - June 6th, and we had great weather. A few sprinkled showers here and there, but I don't remember one day of "rain".

It will definitely be crowded that first weekend in June due to "Gay Days".

We were there the same week last year and it rained every day except one!

Monday: MK- no rain, very hot
Tuesday: AK- mid morning shower, about an hour
Wednesday: EPCOT- misty all morning, turned into very strong thunder storms that lasted throughout the evening.
Thursday: MK- morning sprinkles. MGM- a couple of brief showers in the evening.
Friday: MK-early evening showers that turned into a gully washer by 8:00 pm.

The only day that we were slowed down at all by the rain was Wednesday. Very hard rain with lots of lightning. We ended up going back to CBR for some much needed rest anyway.

we've been in late may/early to mid june many, many times...rainfall amounts can vary significantlly from year to year or even day to day....we've had trips during that time frame where it only rained once or twice the whole trip and we've had others where it rained every day of the trip...sometimes all day downpours!! but, we never let it "dampen" our spirits no matter how much it may or may not rain....throw on the poncho and keep going...but to answer the original question: I think you can safely expect the typical afternooner during that time frame and most likely will get a day or two with prolonged periods of rain...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter